The Student Room Group

My Cambridge Application

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere,

I'm applying for History & Politics at Cambridge, and I'm wondering whether to fill in the extra personal statement section of the My Cambridge Application.

I'm applying for History and Politics for all 5 choices, so am unsure as while in theory the most relevant stuff that I've done is already in the personal statement, I don't want to inadvertently disadvantage myself by not filling it in if most people do

Thanks
have you done it yet? I’m literally in the same boat (same course) and I’m putting off sending it in even though I don’t have much else to say bc I’m worried it’s gonna go against me?
Original post by april_fool_
have you done it yet? I’m literally in the same boat (same course) and I’m putting off sending it in even though I don’t have much else to say bc I’m worried it’s gonna go against me?

Hi, I'm in the same situation! (although I'm applying to Engineering instead) What have you chosen to do at last?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm in the same situation! (although I'm applying to Engineering instead) What have you chosen to do at last?

Leave it blank if you've already covered everything in your personnel statement. If anything you will annoy them by repeating content from your PS or putting irrelevant stuff as you will be wasting their time. It won't disadvantage you as clearly stated on their website, and as repeatedly stated by Cambridge in their application videos and on open days. My daughter left it blank and got in last year.
Original post by Anonymous

I ended up leaving it blank- I figured if my PS is strong enough for Cambridge anyway then it should be sufficient, and I thought adding irrelevant stuff would be more detrimental than just not adding anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending