The Student Room Group

acceptance rate for stem smart cambridge

i got into stem smart but my friend got rejected, what is the acceptance rate for it? I know around 900 people applied in 2019 i think and 300 people went to the residential..
Reply 1
anyone
Reply 2
Original post by megan_xay
i got into stem smart but my friend got rejected, what is the acceptance rate for it? I know around 900 people applied in 2019 i think and 300 people went to the residential..

hiya this might not be much help at all but the same thing happened to me, i was accepted but all of my friends got rejected

how are you finding it so far? im in group 4 haha
Reply 3
its fine ig im part of another thing called dental futures by leeds which is much much more interesting and better, icl i just wanna go to the residential
Reply 4
cambridge is actually such a dream and beint able to live there is such a flex even if its just for 5 days
There’s a really high acceptance rate however a lot of things are taken into account. They don’t mention it however I’ve been told they have stages where people are basically eliminated based on participation so that they know who will have a chance of attending summer school
Reply 6
Original post by Electronconfig
There’s a really high acceptance rate however a lot of things are taken into account. They don’t mention it however I’ve been told they have stages where people are basically eliminated based on participation so that they know who will have a chance of attending summer school

yeah that's why i'm trying to complete all my assignments, i missed a bio tutorial unfortunately but the good thing is i've completed 11 assignments so far and have 5 left (3 of which i haven't started yet cuz they're this weeks one)
yeah that's why i'm trying to complete all my assignments, i missed a bio tutorial unfortunately but the good thing is i've completed 11 assignments so far and have 5 left (3 of which i haven't started yet cuz they're this weeks one)

Honestly someone I know who did it last year did only 56 tasks and missed 92 so just aim to do a reasonable amount. I missed 3 tutorials in the first week and haven’t started maths for this week and still have one question on bio and have 25% on chem so it’s mentally challenging but it’s meant to help and as long as you do it or attempt it the deadline doesn’t matter but obviously it’s good practice.
Reply 8
Original post by Electronconfig
Honestly someone I know who did it last year did only 56 tasks and missed 92 so just aim to do a reasonable amount. I missed 3 tutorials in the first week and haven’t started maths for this week and still have one question on bio and have 25% on chem so it’s mentally challenging but it’s meant to help and as long as you do it or attempt it the deadline doesn’t matter but obviously it’s good practice.

did they get to go to the residential? wow if they did i'm not so concerned anymore
(edited 2 months ago)
did they get to go to the residential? wow if they they i'm not so concerned anymore

Yes they did
Original post by lola028
hiya this might not be much help at all but the same thing happened to me, i was accepted but all of my friends got rejected
how are you finding it so far? im in group 4 haha
how do you access any of the meetings because I really struggle to get through moodle to attend them
You should have registered for zoom meetings then on your emails you can join through the link every week or it would be saved on your zoom app
Original post by Iamhim123
how do you access any of the meetings because I really struggle to get through moodle to attend them
Original post by Iamhim123
I access them through a zoom link they sent a while ago if you don’t have it you could email someone and I’m sure theyll send you the link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending