The Student Room Group

LSE vs Cambridge Masters Finance and Economics

I have an offer from the LSE for their MSc in Finance and Economics. I am also awaiting a reply from Cambridge for their MPhil in Finance and Economics. However, if I were to get an offer from both programs I am torn as to which one I would go to.

On the one hand, I feel that LSE has a better reputation in terms of finance and will set me up better for the industry. On the other hand, Cambridge offers a wider (and IMO better) range of courses that I am more interested in doing and the fact that it is Cambridge...

I also have offers from Imperial and Warwick, but I prefer these two courses. So my question is: If you were to choose, where would you go and why?

*Edit: I got an offer from Cambridge but I have decided to accept LSE 🙂
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi, congrats on your offer for LSE! You cannot make a wrong choice between Cambridge and LSE 🙂
Also, when did you apply for the MSc in Finance and Economics?
Reply 2
Original post by Valentine2112
Hi, congrats on your offer for LSE! You cannot make a wrong choice between Cambridge and LSE 🙂
Also, when did you apply for the MSc in Finance and Economics?

Thanks! Yeah, that is true. I will wait and see the outcome from Cambridge :smile:. I applied to LSE on the 19th of October 2023 however, my application wasn't completed until Dec 4th, 2023 once my references were uploaded.
Reply 3
Hey I also applied! What is your profile?
Reply 4
Also how long did you wait after applying to recieve the offer from LSE.
Reply 5
Original post by Loko12345
Also how long did you wait after applying to recieve the offer from LSE.

I applied to LSE on the 19th of October 2023 with the application completed on Dec 4th, 2023. I then got an offer on 23rd Jan.
Reply 6
Hey I also applied! What is your profile?

What do you mean? Currently, I am an Econ and Finance student with an average grade of 88%. What about you?
Reply 7
congrats on cambridge offer and also when did you apply for the Mphil?
Reply 8
congrats on cambridge offer and also when did you apply for the Mphil?

Thanks! I submitted my application on 30th October 2023 and then both my references were sent on the 4th of December 2023.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending