The Student Room Group

University courses

Is it bad to do a uni course that has two subjects in it for example english and film studies compared to just doing film studies since you’re learning 50% of content from each or does it really not matter (i’m not sure if this question makes sense)
Original post by ellafaulkner07
Is it bad to do a uni course that has two subjects in it for example english and film studies compared to just doing film studies since you’re learning 50% of content from each or does it really not matter (i’m not sure if this question makes sense)

Joint honours courses aren’t “bad” as such. They are often less well organised than single honours courses and harder to get good degree classifications in due to the fact that you aren’t studying the breadth in each subject.

Are you struggling to decide between studying English or film or is there another reason that you’re asking about combined honours?
Original post by PQ

Joint honours courses aren’t “bad” as such. They are often less well organised than single honours courses and harder to get good degree classifications in due to the fact that you aren’t studying the breadth in each subject.

Are you struggling to decide between studying English or film or is there another reason that you’re asking about combined honours?

I’m just generally struggling to pick a degree myself i have a passion for film/media and have always planned to go into entertainment journalism specifically film journalism that’s why i was considering the english and film but my friend said today it’s always best to go for a single honour. I know i could always pick a journalism course but the career itself doesn’t necessarily pay well which makes me nervous with going for the degree instead of a media/film degree that could possibly give me the opportunity of more job options with possibly higher salaries ? i’m sorry if this doesn’t really make sense i’m just a bit stressed and confused on what route to go down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending