The Student Room Group

How do I get involved in motorsport journalism and media?

I have been a motorsport fan from a young age, it has always been my passion. I am going to university to do Journalism this year I was wondering what is a good pathway to get into motorsport journalism specifically f3-f1? I have written motorsport articles for my schools newsletter and previously had my own blog where I wrote articles about f1 and other motorsport news.
Original post by ahriana
I have been a motorsport fan from a young age, it has always been my passion. I am going to university to do Journalism this year I was wondering what is a good pathway to get into motorsport journalism specifically f3-f1? I have written motorsport articles for my schools newsletter and previously had my own blog where I wrote articles about f1 and other motorsport news.

If your on Facebook look on Girls on Track UK they often have people asking the same questions as you and lots of opportunities for experience especially in smaller blogs etc, maybe post your questions on their and people are more than likely to answer
Original post by Potterfun
If your on Facebook look on Girls on Track UK they often have people asking the same questions as you and lots of opportunities for experience especially in smaller blogs etc, maybe post your questions on their and people are more than likely to answer

If not I feel their maybe other opportunities that will appear, have a look on linked in or contact your local track/teams and ask if they need any help, don’t worry if it isn’t formula related as all motorsport experience is good experience as it’s so competitive
Reply 3
Original post by Potterfun

Thank you so much for your reply, I have posted a few times on the girls on track facebook page, it’s been extremely helpful. I did contact my local karting track a few months ago, however I never heard back. My nearest circuit is about 2 hours away so when I am done with my exams hopefully I can get up there and write some articles about what’s going on, on track etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending