The Student Room Group

Costume in TV, film or theatre

Which is best to study costume
Huddersfield
Edinburgh
Arts Uni Bournemouth
Edinburgh…..?

Also does anyone know of any apprenticeships for costume design & making in TV, film or theatre? I’ve found ones that were offered last year at RSC, Royal Opera house etc but nothing for this year. Also found old ones for BBC etc but again not listed on theirs websites this year. Am I too early or have they been stopped?
(edited 1 month ago)
Have you been to visit any of these universities? Or looked at their online graduate shows to see the sorts of work they produce?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you been to visit any of these universities? Or looked at their online graduate shows to see the sorts of work they produce?

Yes thanks, I’ve been on open days / offer holder days (or have them booked for next month) and looked at graduate shows. I’d like to know students views of the courses. I’d also love to know where students are employed afterward, the unis always show the alumni films credits but not sure if that’s straight after uni or years later?
Original post by AndieLou
Which is best to study costume
Huddersfield
Edinburgh
Arts Uni Bournemouth
Edinburgh…..?
Also does anyone know of any apprenticeships for costume design & making in TV, film or theatre? I’ve found ones that were offered last year at RSC, Royal Opera house etc but nothing for this year. Also found old ones for BBC etc but again not listed on theirs websites this year. Am I too early or have they been stopped?

Hi @AndieLou

If you would like to talk with a student of ours about that course, you can visit our website and to talk to Caroline. Caroline is currently studying a Masters in Fashion and Textiles but her Bachelors degree came in Costumes and Textiles- if you follow this link, you can start a chat with her :smile::

https://api.unibuddy.co/og/university-of-huddersfield/buddies/students/637f3c4f1d1f9c3d858ab45f?buddyPosition=share

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social media and content officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending