The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Should I try to transfer to imperial?

I am a first year at UCL doing biological sciences. I chose it because they offer an MSci in Computational biology and Imperial does not have any integrated masters for biology. However I am not sure about doing biology as a career and am considering finance. Would trying to transfer to Imperial be worth it?

Imperial has a better reputation than UCL but UCL currently ranks higher for biological sciences. UCL also offers more modules with programming and statistics. The computational biology MSci seems really interesting for me and if I wanted a degree in this area, I would prefer UCL as I would save money. Imperial and UCL have the same entry requirements. I also have friends at Imperial already. I know I’m being too pedantic about this lol.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a first year at UCL doing biological sciences. I chose it because they offer an MSci in Computational biology and Imperial does not have any integrated masters for biology. However I am not sure about doing biology as a career and am considering finance. Would trying to transfer to Imperial be worth it?

Imperial has a better reputation than UCL but UCL currently ranks higher for biological sciences. UCL also offers more modules with programming and statistics. The computational biology MSci seems really interesting for me and if I wanted a degree in this area, I would prefer UCL as I would save money. Imperial and UCL have the same entry requirements. I also have friends at Imperial already. I know I’m being too pedantic about this lol.

Start by checking if the course you are interested in allows transfers, this is very rare at imperial.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

what course are you thinking of transfering to? Imperial doesnt rlly let transfers as courses are full but if you already found out that you can then great. im currently 2nd yr doing biochem and even though my course doesnt advertise it, we had a coding module last yr in both python and R and it is safe to say the majority of courses here have quite a bit of coding involved. we also has stats last yr though that was more brief.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending