The Student Room Group

Maths websites for gcse?

Hello,

Could anyone suggest maths websites that have questions that are grade 8/9 standard?
Like I mainly use maths genie sometimes Corbett. Ik Dr Frost but don't really use it.

I think ukmt may be good using those past papers? I just struggle with grade 8/9 exam questions because idrk what they want me to do. Bc like my maths is good and all but I can't seem to apply it in those kinda questions 😭

Thank you in advance xx
Reply 1
Original post by Trickia
Hello,

Could anyone suggest maths websites that have questions that are grade 8/9 standard?
Like I mainly use maths genie sometimes Corbett. Ik Dr Frost but don't really use it.

I think ukmt may be good using those past papers? I just struggle with grade 8/9 exam questions because idrk what they want me to do. Bc like my maths is good and all but I can't seem to apply it in those kinda questions 😭

Thank you in advance xx

My school uses Sparx Maths which I personally think is the best one out there- it really does help you get those 8's and 9's, but its only available if you've registered with your school...
Study Maths is also very helpful, and free to sign up for too- if you wanted to challenge yourself I'd say just prcatice, practice and practice Maths Past Papers. You can study their worked solutions too- each website covers diff. exam boards.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by shiftycatz
My school uses Sparx Maths which I personally think is the best one out there- it really does help you get those 8's and 9's, but its only available if you've registered with your school...
Study Maths is also very helpful, and free to sign up for too- if you wanted to challenge yourself I'd say just prcatice, practice and practice Maths Past Papers. You can study their worked solutions too- each website covers diff. exam boards.

Hope this helps

Thanks my school already uses sparx but appreciate it xx
I just find it irritating that it won't show the correct answer when u go wrong so u can see your errors and that videos don't always match but otherwise I think it's pretty good.

I will try out study maths and see how it goes thanks xx
Reply 3
Original post by Trickia
Thanks my school already uses sparx but appreciate it xx
I just find it irritating that it won't show the correct answer when u go wrong so u can see your errors and that videos don't always match but otherwise I think it's pretty good.

I will try out study maths and see how it goes thanks xx

I got a grade 9 and i just cant stress enough how important practise questions are. Personalally my favourite website at GCSE was ExamQ. It has so many past paper questions and is so easy to use. You can also filter by topic which was really helpful.
I would also suggest not just doing questions from your exam board, but from others as well. I found the exposure to different sorts of questions helped to solidify the knowledge, if that makes any sense.
Also if you want to, i would recommend buying a whiteboard. I got one and it was so helpful, you can get through questions so quickly and dont have to worry about having a load of paper over your desk.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by FlyingAir
I got a grade 9 and i just cant stress enough how important practise questions are. Personalally my favourite website at GCSE was ExamQ. It has so many past paper questions and is so easy to use. You can also filter by topic which was really helpful.
I would also suggest not just doing questions from your exam board, but from others as well. I found the exposure to different sorts of questions helped to solidify the knowledge, if that makes any sense.
Also if you want to, i would recommend buying a whiteboard. I got one and it was so helpful, you can get through questions so quickly and dont have to worry about having a load of paper over your desk.

Yea I do have a whiteboard.
Okay I will try out ExamQ as well it sounds quite similar to maths genie
Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest