The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Gap year applicant interview style

I’ve applied to Cambridge and Imperial and part of the admission process includes an interview for my course (comp sci). Since I am currently on a gap year, will I be asked advanced questions in the interview as I have finished my a levels in the relevant subjects ( Math and FM)?

For example, the interviewer could ask me problems involving A2 topics of maths or further maths, how likely is this?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve applied to Cambridge and Imperial and part of the admission process includes an interview for my course (comp sci). Since I am currently on a gap year, will I be asked advanced questions in the interview as I have finished my a levels in the relevant subjects ( Math and FM)?

For example, the interviewer could ask me problems involving A2 topics of maths or further maths, how likely is this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I can't speak to Imperial, but for Cambridge you'll have been asked to complete My Cambridge Application by now, which asks for details of the topics you've covered (or will have covered by the end of November). They ask this to ensure that they treat all candidates fairly. If you have now completed your A levels, it would be fair and reasonable to ask you about any topics across either year.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending