The Student Room Group

English language A paper 1 and 2 November 2023 prediction

Any predictions?
Reply 1
What came up for paper 2 question 5? ASAP please
Reply 2
Can anyone tell me which extracts in Paper 1 and 2 came up for the iGCSE English Language November resit?
Reply 3
Original post by Murad26
Any predictions?
Does anyone know which texts came up for the paper 1R and 2R ?
Original post by ulm
Does anyone know which texts came up for the paper 1R and 2R ?
whats 1R and 2R? (js did language paper 2 nov 2023 one if u wanna know what was on it)
Reply 5
Original post by blubberpengi
whats 1R and 2R? (js did language paper 2 nov 2023 one if u wanna know what was on it)
what were they
Original post by ulm
what were they
The two sources both had to do with caring about the environment.
Modern Text:
The writer is a 16 yrs old from Ireland or northern Ireland (idr) and he talks about how immersed he becomes with nature when he sits under a tree.
At his visit to London (specifically London Zoo) the Minister for the Environment came very late to the meeting that was organised for kids to have a voice about world issues but left early before even hearing anyones speeches.
He then talks about how he thought no one would care but when he created an eco group at school, people from all ages joined.
To summarise: It's abt how kids aren't given a voice in issues and if they did they could really change the world and how healing nature is.

19th Centuryish Text:
The writer talks about environment and how it not only heals the body but soul as well. Doesn't discriminate no matter who it is that listens to the songbirds.
How barren it would be without animals in the future.
(I don't remember too much abt this one which is why its short)

Q2: Smth abt summarise the effects of nature (i dont remember accurately)
Q3: How the writer from Source A (Modern Text) uses language to describe his trip to London
Q4: Compare both texts on smth that idr

Q5: Write a speech where you are in front your country's leaders about:
''Kids could change the world with big ideas but adults think of them people who don't know anything''
(^ This quote is defo not accurate)
Reply 7
but I just found out that they is no regional papers for nov 2023

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending