The Student Room Group

How is St. Hilda's college Oxford?

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TornadoDragon
Hello!
I've just got allocated to St. Hilda's and I would like to know more about it (personal experience, rumours, food, prices, accommodation etc).
If I got allocated there does this mean that it will be the only college which will interview and give me an offer, or can other colleges see my application, interview and give me an offer as well? (What I mean is am I definitely going to Hilda's or are there chances for me to go to another college?)
How is it academically? Is it good for studying geography and environment?
Can 2nd year students live on site now, or are they required to live out?
Are the rooms old, mouldy, with broken objects etc. like I've heard?
Pls help me know more about Hilda's and thanks :smile:

St Hildas is beautiful, really down to earth and friendly and in a good location. My son really wanted to apply there and was gutted that they didn’t offer his course. Being allocated there just means that it is now down as your “first choice” college. You may still end up being interviewed somewhere else, or sadly not interviewed at all. Don’t know about how it is for Geography or what the food is like. I understand that a significant number of second years now am have college accommodation but not all I don’t think. Good luck. It’s a lovely college 😊
Reply 2
Original post by CAG575
St Hildas is beautiful, really down to earth and friendly and in a good location. My son really wanted to apply there and was gutted that they didn’t offer his course. Being allocated there just means that it is now down as your “first choice” college. You may still end up being interviewed somewhere else, or sadly not interviewed at all. Don’t know about how it is for Geography or what the food is like. I understand that a significant number of second years now am have college accommodation but not all I don’t think. Good luck. It’s a lovely college 😊

Thank you very much! 😊
Reply 3
Original post by CAG575

PRSOM for this. I'm a current student at St Hilda's and would echo this sentiment. I think the overall vibes are friendly, welcoming, a bit less pressured than some other colleges. The Geography students here seem to really like it - our previous Dean was a geography tutor :smile:

Some of the 1st year rooms are a bit less nice if I'm honest, but I've found all the accommodation to be perfectly serviceable - the maintenance team fix anything broken pretty quickly. Don't expect hotel living, it's just an average student room really. And yes, they can accommodate most (but not all) 2nd years.
Reply 4
Original post by elilast
PRSOM for this. I'm a current student at St Hilda's and would echo this sentiment. I think the overall vibes are friendly, welcoming, a bit less pressured than some other colleges. The Geography students here seem to really like it - our previous Dean was a geography tutor :smile:

Some of the 1st year rooms are a bit less nice if I'm honest, but I've found all the accommodation to be perfectly serviceable - the maintenance team fix anything broken pretty quickly. Don't expect hotel living, it's just an average student room really. And yes, they can accommodate most (but not all) 2nd years.

Thanks a lot! This was truly helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending