The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

UMH - 2 St Hilda's Terrace

Hello,

I received my accommodation offer, which I unfortunately now think I've missed the deadline on, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with "2 St Hilda's Terrace"?

It's a bit unnerving to put a deposit down etc on a place that I have no idea what it's like.

Is it possible to get a different accommodation offer if people do not accept or end up not going?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by albertj
Hello,

I received my accommodation offer, which I unfortunately now think I've missed the deadline on, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with "2 St Hilda's Terrace"?

It's a bit unnerving to put a deposit down etc on a place that I have no idea what it's like.

Is it possible to get a different accommodation offer if people do not accept or end up not going?

Thanks

Hi there! I lived in 4 St Hildas Terrace in my first year of uni last year, not exactly the same house but I might be able to share some of my experience:
1) all rooms are double rooms and house about 6-8 people (pretty big rooms too)
2) garbage is collected every Tuesday morning, alternating between general waste and recycling
3) in 4 St Hildas, a lot of our things broke frequently. Cracks in ceilings, broken washing machines, broken wardrobe doors, broken cabinet doors etc. Luckily the stove and showers worked all fine though
4) the landlords are unfortunately not the best. It took us months for anything to be fixed in our house, and we were sometimes passively-aggressively blamed for some of the broken things (e.g, we 'purposefully placed' something in the shower drain to cause a leak into the bathroom below which damaged electrics), so make sure you keep pushing for things to be fixed and email the accommodation team frequently
5) we had two showers, one room was ensuite.
6) 4 St Hildas Terrace was refurbished for the next round of students so it's likely the same will be the case for 2 St Hildas, hopefully this will also mean you will have less issues than we did lol

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the uni can offer any other accommodation other than st hildas terrace so I advise emailing the accommodation team when you can. It might be worth emailing or viewing other student accommodations like the Brickworks to see if they have any spare rooms. If not, it should be easy to request to move out withing about 7 days moving in, and I believe uni will help you find another place to settle. It should be an easy process as a lot of people shuffle around in the first term of uni.

Hope this helps and feel free to DM me if you need anything else!
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there,
Was anything provided at 4 St Hilda’s Terrace, ie bedding, kitchenware etc?
Reply 3
Original post by Lizmol191
Hi there,
Was anything provided at 4 St Hilda’s Terrace, ie bedding, kitchenware etc?

We were SUPPOSED to be provided with beddings i.e. a duvet, but some rooms were missing duvets. Some rooms were also missing desk chairs lol.

In terms of kitchenware, we did not receive anything and had to buy our own kettle, toaster and microwave.

The house has been refurbished recently so I hope this still isn't the case, but be cautious when you move in!

Finally, they SHOULD ship you a vacuum for cleaning around the first week or so from "Pip Invus".

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending