The Student Room Group

Geography or Global Development and Sustainability degree?

I wanted to go to BSU to study one of the two, I read both course itineraries and Global Deb sounds way more interesting that Geography, even though both look very interesting. Apparently geography will be more employable for me to what many people have said recently, would I not be as employable doing the global dev and sust. bsc as I would the geography?
Original post by Luc1emits15!
I wanted to go to BSU to study one of the two, I read both course itineraries and Global Deb sounds way more interesting that Geography, even though both look very interesting. Apparently geography will be more employable for me to what many people have said recently, would I not be as employable doing the global dev and sust. bsc as I would the geography?

Hi @Luc1emits15!,
My personal advice would be to pick the subject that you think your going to enjoy more, as they your likely to enjoy your time studying the subject more. It might be work emailing the department at BSU to ask them the differences between the 2 courses in more detail, or to ask if it possible to do a major minor split if this is something your interested in. In terms of jobs, if you are interested in getting a job in something related to global development or sustainability, then that degree will be appropriate, and also similarly for lots of graduate jobs they don't require a specific degree subject, its more about the general skills you gain from studying a degree, and therefore it might not matter that you choose to study.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Luc1emits15!

Thanks for sharing this thread here. I have been working as a social worker. I have great interest in learning about plants and animals. Are the depend on each other? Can you please give me an explanation? I have been searching for some legit articles online like this one https://thursd.com/articles/flora-and-fauna-how-do-plants-animals-depend-on-each-other What do you think?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending