The Student Room Group

University Degree

Hi,
I am thinking about what the different careers I can do, and I wanted some advice. I want a career which pays very well and is not too much stress. I was thinking of medicine where salaries are good, however, i have spoken to many doctors and say that there is quite a bit of stress involved. are there any other job sectors out there that meets the requirements i want? thanks for taking your time for answering my question
Original post by Anonymous48
Hi,
I am thinking about what the different careers I can do, and I wanted some advice. I want a career which pays very well and is not too much stress. I was thinking of medicine where salaries are good, however, i have spoken to many doctors and say that there is quite a bit of stress involved. are there any other job sectors out there that meets the requirements i want? thanks for taking your time for answering my question

‘Pays very well and little stress’… unless you happen to have a rich relative who gives you a position at their company… than no - you will have to work hard getting there (the qualifications to do the job), the stress of the job is relative to the person.
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
‘Pays very well and little stress’… unless you happen to have a rich relative who gives you a position at their company… than no - you will have to work hard getting there (the qualifications to do the job), the stress of the job is relative to the person.

i am willing to work hard. i am just wondering what courses may be easier to get to something with a good salary. for example, is it medicine, dentistry, finance, etc. I heard finance pays well, and less stress compared to medicine. I am wondering if there are any other courses similar to something like that. thanks for replying
Reply 3
Hi,

Actuary?
Cooper?
Refuse collector?
Architect?
Plumber?
Reply 4
Original post by Quady
Actuary?
Cooper?
Refuse collector?
Architect?
Plumber?

hi, thanks for you response, out of all of the jobs you mentioned, i think actuary is good.do you know what sort of skills you need to become that? and do you know how many hours you would have to work? etc. many thanks
Reply 5
you can not choose a job like that you have to know your abilities and decide a career what you can do in the life otherwise you struggle every day.
Reply 6
Original post by cvgk
you can not choose a job like that you have to know your abilities and decide a career what you can do in the life otherwise you struggle every day.

hi, thanks for your response, do you have a job or if not, what career r u interested in?
Reply 7
hi, thanks for you response, out of all of the jobs you mentioned, i think actuary is good.do you know what sort of skills you need to become that? and do you know how many hours you would have to work? etc. many thanks

Maths / statistics

Standard 40hr week.
Reply 8
hi, thanks for your response, do you have a job or if not, what career r u interested in?

I am a java developer.
Reply 9
Original post by cvgk
I am a java developer.

oh ok, thanks for you reply. i am guessing that this has go to do with programming and stuff, what skills do you think you will need to be a good programmer?
Reply 10
oh ok, thanks for you reply. i am guessing that this has go to do with programming and stuff, what skills do you think you will need to be a good programmer?

problem solving skills
Reply 11
Original post by cvgk
problem solving skills

hi, thanks for your resposne. what do you mean by problem solving skills? also, is it true that those who are good at maths generally find problem solving easier. many thanks
Reply 12
hi, thanks for your resposne. what do you mean by problem solving skills? also, is it true that those who are good at maths generally find problem solving easier. many thanks

I am trying to solve programming problems I am a back end engineer I am facing to query problems,transactional problems,caching etc...Some jobs require math skills some jobs don't it depends on what you do if you are a data scientist or machine learning engineer you probably needs maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending