The Student Room Group

How do I revise for AQA Alevel economics???

Hi, I'm currently a year 12 student. I'm starting early with revision but am unsure of how best to start it. I'm aiming for an A* to B. I have the textbook but it is quite long and wordy, it takes hours to take notes, is there any tips or tricks to revise?? Should I just be memorising this one textbook? Are there any websites or ways to revise you recommend? I am not the biggest fan of flashcards for whole topics as for me too many flashcards become overwhelming and I end up trying to squeeze every piece of info I can find on them until I can't actually read any of it. I am currently using them for key words on an anki deck though.

Thank you!
Original post by distressing-arch
Hi, I'm currently a year 12 student. I'm starting early with revision but am unsure of how best to start it. I'm aiming for an A* to B. I have the textbook but it is quite long and wordy, it takes hours to take notes, is there any tips or tricks to revise?? Should I just be memorising this one textbook? Are there any websites or ways to revise you recommend? I am not the biggest fan of flashcards for whole topics as for me too many flashcards become overwhelming and I end up trying to squeeze every piece of info I can find on them until I can't actually read any of it. I am currently using them for key words on an anki deck though.

Thank you!

I'm on an in Y13 A* and personally I use anki flashcards, practise essays/plans, blurting for economics revision

I use anki for chains of reasoning and definitions, it really works for me

I mean obviously having a passion for economics helps too, as when you read around more, you gain a better understanding of how all the concepts you learn link together, meaning memorisation is much easier
Original post by Anonymous #1

I'm on an in Y13 A* and personally I use anki flashcards, practise essays/plans, blurting for economics revision

I use anki for chains of reasoning and definitions, it really works for me

I mean obviously having a passion for economics helps too, as when you read around more, you gain a better understanding of how all the concepts you learn link together, meaning memorisation is much easier

Thank you! For the anki flashcards for the chains of reasoning, did you literally do every single chain you came across or just the ones that were more complicated?? I feel like the chains of reasoning are actually pretty long so I assume you keep them brief and to the point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending