The Student Room Group

IGCSE choices

Hi! So I'm currently in Year 9, and need to submit my choices for GCSE by February (I think lmfao). So I really want to do Psychology but I'm not sure how it is. Would someone mind telling me what it's like?

Much love! ❤️🥰
Hey my sister did psychology. It is content heavy and unfortunately requires you to do a lot of memorizing more so than understanding. She enjoyed it all the same and managed a 9 (the grade boundaries this year were in her favor). In summary, it's not an easy subject in that a lot of commitment in terms of revision is required. But if you are interested in it, its definitely worth it.
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey my sister did psychology. It is content heavy and unfortunately requires you to do a lot of memorizing more so than understanding. She enjoyed it all the same and managed a 9 (the grade boundaries this year were in her favor). In summary, it's not an easy subject in that a lot of commitment in terms of revision is required. But if you are interested in it, its definitely worth it.

Ah, cool! Thanks so much! In terms of revision, I'm not really that bothered (I can kinda manage my subjects) but content-heavy and memorization is suggesting it's similar to Biology, right? (Biology is like the only science where I can manage to get full marks or, at least, a grade above 85-90%.
Much appreciated! 💗

Quick Reply

Latest