The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official Imperial College London Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
JMC offer holder here. Applied 29 September. Online test 16 October. Interview 8 November. Offer 7 December. Anybody else a bit worried about the STEP requirement (for me, it's a grade 2 in paper 2) ??
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Does anyone know how offer holders can access the myimperial portal?
Original post by Jam.123
JMC offer holder here. Applied 29 September. Online test 16 October. Interview 8 November. Offer 7 December. Anybody else a bit worried about the STEP requirement (for me, it's a grade 2 in paper 2) ??

Wow! Congrats! I applied for Computing. Applied 27 September. Online Test 12th October. Interview 29th November. Offer still waiting.

Im currently doing STEP I as practice and I'm getting 3-5 questions right depending on the year. I'm worried about STEP II though because obviously it's quite a substantial step up (no pun intended) from STEP I. Good luck!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from Imperial College London for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi, I'm an international applicant to Imperial College London from Australia. I'm planning to study undergraduate Medicine MBBS or Medical Biosciences there. I have some questions about sending documents to Imperial as an international applicant, I sent them my final grade transcripts (which I was very happy with my results), and I was thinking about what other type of documents they ask for.
Is there anyone here who extended the time for deposit payments for any master’s program?Generally, how common is it for ICL to postpone deposit payments for applicants who are waiting forscholarships? Thank you in advance for everyone who replied.
Original post by theydontknowme
Hi, I'm an international applicant to Imperial College London from Australia. I'm planning to study undergraduate Medicine MBBS or Medical Biosciences there. I have some questions about sending documents to Imperial as an international applicant, I sent them my final grade transcripts (which I was very happy with my results), and I was thinking about what other type of documents they ask for.

Hey! I'm also an Australian student. How did you go for your ATAR?
Reply 46
Hi guys!

Got an offer for Masters in Statistics (Data Science) today. Had applied exactly today 2 months ago (15th Oct). Good luck with the applications! :smile:
Reply 47
Hey!! Anyone who got an offer for Msc Economics and Strategy for business?
Original post by Cleverclock
Is anyone received medicine interview from Imperial college for Sep.2024 entry?

not yet, and I don't think I will! im so going to be rejected
Original post by preena9753
not yet, and I don't think I will! im so going to be rejected

You don't know that! I applied for Computer Science (5% acceptance rate! 1 place for 20 applicants) thinking that I have absolutely no chance of getting an interview. After completing my admissions test, I felt that it was very straightforward and so was worried that I missed a section or something. A month later, I received my interview invite much to my surprise because through doing some calculations, I was able to work out that it is a 1 in 16 chance of getting an interview.

You need to trust yourself. Try to distract yourself as much as you can as constantly worrying about it will make the feeling of rejection far worse (speaking from experience after my Cambridge rejection pre-interview).
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous #10
You don't know that! I applied for Computer Science (5% acceptance rate! 1 place for 20 applicants) thinking that I have absolutely no chance of getting an interview. After completing my admissions test, I felt that it was very straightforward and so was worried that I missed a section or something. A month later, I received my interview invite much to my surprise because through doing some calculations, I was able to work out that it is a 1 in 16 chance of getting an interview.

You need to trust yourself. Try to distract yourself as much as you can as constantly worrying about it will make the feeling of rejection far worse (speaking from experience after my Cambridge rejection pre-interview).

Rightly said!
Self belief is really important:smile:
50% work is done.
Original post by ayusamb
Rightly said!
Self belief is really important:smile:
50% work is done.

Just wanted to let you know that I have received an offer from them for CS....Looks like miracles do happen. The offer requirements are the minimum entry standards, which I am chuffed about as it is at the lowest possible requirements that they could ask from me (I'm not eligible for contextual offers) and there have been so many people who have been asked for higher requirements. I don't think that my personal statement had anything special or unique about it to say that I deserve an offer for the most competitive CS course in the country but I think my admissions test went well and my interview was OK so I guess that worked in my favour (though I could have done a lot better in the interview in retrospect).
Reply 52
Just wanted to let you know that I have received an offer from them for CS....Looks like miracles do happen. The offer requirements are the minimum entry standards, which I am chuffed about as it is at the lowest possible requirements that they could ask from me (I'm not eligible for contextual offers) and there have been so many people who have been asked for higher requirements. I don't think that my personal statement had anything special or unique about it to say that I deserve an offer for the most competitive CS course in the country but I think my admissions test went well and my interview was OK so I guess that worked in my favour (though I could have done a lot better in the interview in retrospect).

That's massive. Congratulations! :smile:
Also, you must have been selected cause of having quite a good and competitive profile, so should not belittle yourself. :smile:
I have also received an offer for Statistics (DS) though the conditions are very difficult (90% in the final year). Will try my best!
Original post by ayusamb
That's massive. Congratulations! :smile:
Also, you must have been selected cause of having quite a good and competitive profile, so should not belittle yourself. :smile:
I have also received an offer for Statistics (DS) though the conditions are very difficult (90% in the final year). Will try my best!

Good luck!! My A level requirements are attainable but it's the STEP that I am worried about. I have the lowest possible offer for it (standard offer) but it's extremely difficult. It's a paper intended for Maths at Cambridge.
Good luck!! My A level requirements are attainable but it's the STEP that I am worried about. I have the lowest possible offer for it (standard offer) but it's extremely difficult. It's a paper intended for Maths at Cambridge.

What are your STEP conditions by the way?
Reply 55

Ohhh, you are talking about undergraduate?Awesome awesome, all the best for that:smile:
Original post by Anonymous #12
What are your STEP conditions by the way?

Grade 2 in STEP II.
Original post by ayusamb
Ohhh, you are talking about undergraduate?Awesome awesome, all the best for that:smile:

Yes I am...
Grade 2 in STEP II.

Cool
Original post by Stutttiii
Hey, did anyone hear back for the strategic marketing MSC course?

Hey, I received my informal offer mail 2 days ago but haven't yet received the official offer letter. (round 1)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending