The Student Room Group

Year 11 Essay Competitions

So I'm in year 11 and currently looking for any reputable essay competitions for a strong personal statement come time for an application. I'm particularly interested in law however am quite open to anything philosophical. Do you know of any that are open of 11/11/2023 that I could enter?

Thank you
Original post by yum123
So I'm in year 11 and currently looking for any reputable essay competitions for a strong personal statement come time for an application. I'm particularly interested in law however am quite open to anything philosophical. Do you know of any that are open of 11/11/2023 that I could enter?

Thank you

Hi @yum123 ,

I am not currently aware of any competitions in this area. I would recommend asking teachers at school in these subjects as sometimes they might know of some or be able to direct you to where you can find them.

It is not specifically an essay competition exactly, but Give a Grad a Go do quarterly competitions that I would recommend checking out. I recently won one of them so it is definitely not a scam! The link is here for more information - https://giveagradago.com/resources/blog/introducing-our-student-guest-blog-programme/. It would demonstrate that you can write in a style that is easy to read and understand on a topic that a lot of people are interested in.

I am sorry I could not help more. Good luck and all the best! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @yum123 ,

I am not currently aware of any competitions in this area. I would recommend asking teachers at school in these subjects as sometimes they might know of some or be able to direct you to where you can find them.

It is not specifically an essay competition exactly, but Give a Grad a Go do quarterly competitions that I would recommend checking out. I recently won one of them so it is definitely not a scam! The link is here for more information - https://giveagradago.com/resources/blog/introducing-our-student-guest-blog-programme/. It would demonstrate that you can write in a style that is easy to read and understand on a topic that a lot of people are interested in.

I am sorry I could not help more. Good luck and all the best! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

I appreciate the help, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest