The Student Room Group

How the hell are people networking

I’m in year 11 and it’ll be ages until I’m 16, and I see loads of people on tiktok talking about networking for law in oxbridge, so i tried signing up but it’s so confusing: I can’t say I’m a student, I have virtual work experience but I can’t enter it in, I can’t say which school I go to- it’s rlly weird. Do I have to mingle with old people because it’s so awkward online. Please help lol
Original post by lilsnekyy
I’m in year 11 and it’ll be ages until I’m 16, and I see loads of people on tiktok talking about networking for law in oxbridge, so i tried signing up but it’s so confusing: I can’t say I’m a student, I have virtual work experience but I can’t enter it in, I can’t say which school I go to- it’s rlly weird. Do I have to mingle with old people because it’s so awkward online. Please help lol

"Networking" for uni isn't really a thing in the UK. Supercurriculars are important for your personal statement (wider reading, specific legal cases you found interesting, work experience etc), but this is different to networking. Knowing certain old people will not help your Oxbridge application. I've been at Oxford for a few years and I've never heard of this before.
Reply 2
Original post by lilsnekyy

The solution might be to stop getting Oxbridge advice from TikTok, as this is complete nonsense. You are in year 11, so if you want to have a good shot at getting into Oxbridge, first smash your GCSE, then smash your A-level, but while doing your A-levels, ensure you get plenty of super curriculars like wider reading, essay competitions, case studies etc. No point worrying about supers curriculars before A-levels, as generally Oxbridge is only interested in the ones you have done in the couple of years before applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending