The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

USA applicant unsure on how good my grades look

Hello!

I am applying for entry in 2024 for UCAS for LLB law but I'm not sure where I should apply because of my academics.

I have a 1460 SAT (740 English 720 Math)

5 on AP US History and AP English Language

Also predicted 5s on AP Government, AP European History, and AP English literature.

I want to go to the University of Bristol but I'm unsure whether I'm aiming too high, too low, or just right.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Email Bristol and ask them
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by TheLham
Hello!

I am applying for entry in 2024 for UCAS for LLB law but I'm not sure where I should apply because of my academics.

I have a 1460 SAT (740 English 720 Math)

5 on AP US History and AP English Language

Also predicted 5s on AP Government, AP European History, and AP English literature.

I want to go to the University of Bristol but I'm unsure whether I'm aiming too high, too low, or just right.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

Hi, I'm a US applicant who got an offer from Bristol! I think your grades look pretty good, for reference I applied for chemistry with the following grades, but I don't know what it looks like for law, your grades look good, but because you have a lot of predicted grades, you're probably gonna get a conditional offer for some of those. Of course it also depends on your ps etc, but your grades look solid!

According to Bristol's page: (https://www.bristol.ac.uk/international/countries/usa.html#ug), their requirements are: 2 4s or 5s in AP, a 3.2+ or 3.4+ (for competitive courses) gpa, and then the 3rd requirment is one of following - SAT Sections at 650+, A 3rd 5 in AP, or ACT 24+, and of course what aps depends on course, ie math req must be 5 in BC.

My Grades for Reference
1590 SAT - 800 R/W 790 Math
5s in AP Bio, US History, English Language, Calc AB, World History
Predicted 5s: English Lit, Chem, Calc BC, Microecon
And I'm also taking AP 2D Design and Gov but put N/a for those cus one is impossible to predict and the other is second semester
Reply 3
Appreciate it, and congratulations. I'll be sending my applications in soon and will be hoping... How long did it take to receive offer after applying for you?
Reply 4
Original post by TheLham
Appreciate it, and congratulations. I'll be sending my applications in soon and will be hoping... How long did it take to receive offer after applying for you?

I applied on the 15th and I got my offer on the 24th, so it was pretty fast for me, but I know it varies depending on department and popularity, plus they put a lot of people on hold around the October deadline.
Reply 5
Original post by TheLham

I'd aoid Bristol - it gives out too many places so students end up in halls miles away in Wales!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending