The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

To Call or Not to Call?

I was looking at the FAQs and it says:

If you do not meet the basic minimum entry requirements (3.7, whereas my GPA was a 3.17 (US)) or are unsure of the standard of your qualifications, please contact the department directly with details of your qualifications to check whether you can submit a competitive application. You will find the contact details for each department on the course pages.

Do you think that I should give them a call or just sit back and relax as the app is already submitted? My thought is that perhaps reaching out and shouting at them that I’m a CPA could then muscle my app through the initial screener? But if they say that I shouldn’t bother applying that’d be depressing given how much work went into the app.

Here’s the text on the application page:

Applicants who cannot satisfy the strong upper second-class degree requirement may be considered in exceptional circumstances where there is alternative evidence of real academic strength and aptitude for the degree, such as professional qualifications from the Law Society, ICAEW, CIOT or overseas equivalent professional body plus at least two years professional tax experience; or at least five years experience working in tax and other evidence of academic capacity (eg having written articles or a book).

Thoughts?
No point calling now if the app is submitted. You’re quite a way under the requirements so this should have been done before applying.

But it’s done so all you can do is await a decision.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending