The Student Room Group

I need help with this question.

So this is what I need help with:
"A trolley with mass 60 kg is pulled in a straight line along a horizontal path by means of a horizontal rope attached to its front end. The trolley moves with a constant acceleration of 3.5ms-2. The tension in the rope is 330 N and the trolley is subject to a constant resistive force of magnitude kN. Find the value of k."...

And the answer is 120N.

However, this one is what I'm struggling with, like i know I have to use suvat but what numbers should i use?:

"At the instant the trolley is moving with speed 3ms-1 the rope breaks. Calculate how much further the trolley moves before coming to rest."

Thanks ☺️
Original post by FizzNeedsHelp
"A trolley with mass 60 kg is pulled in a straight line along a horizontal path by means of a horizontal rope attached to its front end. The trolley moves with a constant acceleration of 3.5ms-2. The tension in the rope is 330 N and the trolley is subject to a constant resistive force of magnitude kN. Find the value of k."...

And the answer is 120N.

However, this one is what I'm struggling with, like i know I have to use suvat but what numbers should i use?:

"At the instant the trolley is moving with speed 3ms-1 the rope breaks. Calculate how much further the trolley moves before coming to rest."

Thanks ☺️

u=3
v=0
s=?
f=ma =>a=(-120)/60 = -2m/s-2
Original post by Shadowblade11
Original post by FizzNeedsHelp

And the answer is 120N.

Thanks ☺️

u=3
v=0
s=?
f=ma =>a=(-120)/60 = -2m/s-2

Wow i didn't realise that, thx bud :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest