The Student Room Group

Keeping completed worksheets and questions for science and maths? Gcse

So I know that practice makes perfect and that you need to know how to apply your knowledge, but after practicing and doing multiple questions do you just throw them away? For example a worksheet from mathsgenie, wouldn't it be beneficial if I kept it with me and I could look back at it when I need to revise a certain topic, I was also thinking of making a booklet of "recipes" of different types of questions in each topic. Same for science questions and worksheets. Please lmk, thanks.
Reply 1
generally speaking the benefit of repeated work in school is committing it to memory

you might get some benefit looking back and reminding yourself of the method, but you could probably accomplish that more simply

that said, it's some paper you hold on to for a few years. i doubt it takes up much space
Original post by Dying inside
So I know that practice makes perfect and that you need to know how to apply your knowledge, but after practicing and doing multiple questions do you just throw them away? For example a worksheet from mathsgenie, wouldn't it be beneficial if I kept it with me and I could look back at it when I need to revise a certain topic, I was also thinking of making a booklet of "recipes" of different types of questions in each topic. Same for science questions and worksheets. Please lmk, thanks.

I think that it can be used to refresh yourself of the topic or when you're revising you can either see that you're really good at this topic (if you got good marks on the worksheet), so you know you don't need to focus much on this particular topic or maybe you didn't do so well on this topic (if you got low marks on the worksheet), so you know you need to prioritise this topic.
If it takes up a lot of space, you could alternatively copy down the main challenging questions/questions that summarise the topic from each worksheet onto a separate piece of paper - which may save space
Reply 3
Original post by *LifeHappens*
I think that it can be used to refresh yourself of the topic or when you're revising you can either see that you're really good at this topic (if you got good marks on the worksheet), so you know you don't need to focus much on this particular topic or maybe you didn't do so well on this topic (if you got low marks on the worksheet), so you know you need to prioritise this topic.
If it takes up a lot of space, you could alternatively copy down the main challenging questions/questions that summarise the topic from each worksheet onto a separate piece of paper - which may save space

Thank you so much, also if you don't mind could you tell me if making flashcards on difficult questions / ones I find hard would be helpful? Like I would put the question on one side and then on the back write the steps to it. These qs can be from past papers or exam questions. I know a few people who do this but I just really want to know if it would really help. I mean me being quite dumb I make a lot of mistakes so I'd have quite a lot of flashcards, so I just want this to be beneficial. I'm that type of person where if I learn something new or diff. I'd want to note it down somewhere 😅(srry for the essay and ty again!)
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
generally speaking the benefit of repeated work in school is committing it to memory

you might get some benefit looking back and reminding yourself of the method, but you could probably accomplish that more simply

that said, it's some paper you hold on to for a few years. i doubt it takes up much space

Thank you 🙂
Original post by Dying inside
Thank you so much, also if you don't mind could you tell me if making flashcards on difficult questions / ones I find hard would be helpful? Like I would put the question on one side and then on the back write the steps to it. These qs can be from past papers or exam questions. I know a few people who do this but I just really want to know if it would really help. I mean me being quite dumb I make a lot of mistakes so I'd have quite a lot of flashcards, so I just want this to be beneficial. I'm that type of person where if I learn something new or diff. I'd want to note it down somewhere 😅(srry for the essay and ty again!)

Hi, it's no problem at all!

Definitely making flashcards on hard questions will be helpful for you - especially if they are from past papers.

If you find yourself making loads of flashcards, you can sort them into piles like one pile for ones you're confident with (and you only review them every week or two weeks) and then another pile for the ones you aren't confident in (and you review them every few days). It can help track your progress by seeing which flashcards end up in which pile gradually so you can see which subtopics you need to look at again.

Quick Reply

Latest