The Student Room Group

Gcse maths urgent help

Hey!I need help for my gcse maths.Im struggling so much.ik past papers are the best way to revise but i cant get any questions right.Can anyone please give advice on what i can do to get from a grade 4-9?
Original post by minz1
Hey!I need help for my gcse maths.Im struggling so much.ik past papers are the best way to revise but i cant get any questions right.Can anyone please give advice on what i can do to get from a grade 4-9?

It's all well and good doing practise questions, but you need to know how to answer the questions - so you need to know the methods needed to answer the questions.
Reply 2
Original post by minz1

My maths grade improved after doing past papers with walkthroughs (basically past paper walkthrough videos) I would recommend Wrightmaths or mathsgenie(if you are doing Edexcel). I would do the same paper as the walkthrough and when I finished or couldn't work it out, I'd watch how they did it and you would notice how certain types of questions are solved and that the same type of question appears every year or in some papers. I continued doing this until I did all the papers and you would get an understanding of what type of questions would come up. It's also helpful that you understand the content first, ik there are videos that give you all the content you need based on your exam board, otherwise you might learn it on the way while you are doing past paper questions. This method worked for me as I used to get 5s and 6s but I currently get 8s/9s.

If this method doesn't work as it does require a lot of time (it took me nearly a month but I spent the whole day doing a paper) then when you do a maths past paper, you can highlight the topics you struggled on and work on those topics you struggled by practicing questions on those specific topics by using e.g. mathsgenie, madasmaths

Quick Reply

Latest