The Student Room Group

A level choices about Dentistry.

I want to do dentistry in University. Which subjects will I have to choose for A-levels? Do I have to do both Chemistry and Biology? Which Universities are the best to study Dentistry
You'd definitely have to take both chemistry and biology and achieve Atleast and A or A*. Any universities are going to be good for dentistry, I guess it depends on the teaching style you prefer. Research each uni and it's teaching style and then you can go from there.

Hope that helps xx
Reply 2
Original post by sallysaqr
You'd definitely have to take both chemistry and biology and achieve Atleast and A or A*. Any universities are going to be good for dentistry, I guess it depends on the teaching style you prefer. Research each uni and it's teaching style and then you can go from there.

Hope that helps xx

You dont have to take both I know people studying dentistry with just one. I would say out the two chemistry is the one universities care more about i think. However, I do agree studying both should increase your chances of getting in
Here's a link to make things clearer, by studying only 1 of chemistry and biology. You significantly reduce your options in terms of dentistry unis.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-become-a-dentist#:~:text=Chemistry%2C%20biology%20and%20either%20maths,dentistry%20courses%20will%20accept%20you.

Quick Reply

Latest