The Student Room Group

Joseph Chamberlain College

Why does Joseph Chamberlain College only offer AS Levels on their website for 2024 entry?

I wanted to apply for Bio, Chem and Maths A Level but they were only available as AS Level.

I checked their A Levels section and their was only Urdu as an actual A Level so I'm really confused.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College (jcc.ac.uk) - then select 'Study' and 'AS and A level'.
Looks like all those subjects are available as AS and full A level. They suggest that you choose 4 subjects initially and then drop 1 after the first year, so that one would be taken to AS level and the other 3 to full A level.
Reply 2
So, am I supposed to apply to each subject as an AS level initially then apply for the full A Level once I finish my AS Levels?

Because when I add a subject to the course basket it registers as an AS Level, not an A Level for 2024 entry.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
For the 'selection' issue - contact the college when they reopen next year.
Only they can answer your questions.
Reply 4
Okay, thanks for your help.
Reply 5
Original post by arittx13
Why does Joseph Chamberlain College only offer AS Levels on their website for 2024 entry?
I wanted to apply for Bio, Chem and Maths A Level but they were only available as AS Level.
I checked their A Levels section and their was only Urdu as an actual A Level so I'm really confused.

you pick 4 AS levels in year 12 and you can drop any subject in year 13 if you want or if you didnt get a good grade in AS, and continue the other 3 subjects into the second year to complete the full A level course. you dont have to reapply for the a levels once you reach second year, you can progress as long as you passed the AS exam of that subject. i think you only need a D
Reply 6
Original post by haiii
you pick 4 AS levels in year 12 and you can drop any subject in year 13 if you want or if you didnt get a good grade in AS, and continue the other 3 subjects into the second year to complete the full A level course. you dont have to reapply for the a levels once you reach second year, you can progress as long as you passed the AS exam of that subject. i think you only need a D

Yep, I did email them regarding this issue and I understand now.
Thanks for your help, anyways 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending