The Student Room Group

What Msc can I do with a Biomedical Science Bsc

I am currently taking a gap year, and applying for a Masters in Sep 2024 as I have missed the last date to apply for dentistry. Which masters would you consider taking that may benefit my application for graduate entry dental school?
Original post by shaldawg17
I am currently taking a gap year, and applying for a Masters in Sep 2024 as I have missed the last date to apply for dentistry. Which masters would you consider taking that may benefit my application for graduate entry dental school?

If you want to get into dentistry, applying for a master's in any other subject would be pointless unless you're the type who wants to study for the sake of studying or becoming knowledgeable whilst racking up a lot of expenses.

You want the graduate entry into dentistry if not an undergrad in dentistry (ideal).

To answer your question though, you would be eligible for a master's in most life science subjects e.g. physiotherapy, sports science, biochemistry, biomed, ecology, environmental science, etc.

You are also able to apply for degrees that accept an undergrad in any subject so long you have a high enough grade:

Computer science (some degrees)

Anything in business (except for finance) e.g. marketing, accounting. You cannot do a business management degree if you have done it at undergrad

Anthropology

Nursing

Some criminology degrees

Nonquantiative economics degrees

Some film degrees

Hospitality

Some media degrees

Some journalism degrees

Education

Linguistics

Social work

Some politics degrees

Some agriculture degrees

Some fine art degrees

As stated above, none of the above would help you in dentistry. Only an appropriate degree in dentistry would help you get into dentistry. Every other subject and degree is not going to help at all.
Reply 2
I have a mate who is in a similar position as me where they want to go into dental school however they've got a drink driving offence and feel like this may affect their application for dental school. Is it worth it for them to do a masters while they still have a criminal record or is it best for them to wait it out until this offence is off their record? Many thanks
Original post by shaldawg17

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

The University of East London offers Masters courses which you can study, that will support your application.

Here are the links to some of the courses, UEL offers:
MSc Biomedical Science | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)
MSc Physician Associate | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)
MSc Public Health | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

You can apply for these courses online via the UEL website.

Feel free to contact Applicant Engagement via telephone on 0208 223 3333, should you have any further queries.

Thanks

Anisha
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest