The Student Room Group

Next steps

Hi, I'm looking for advice from anyone who can help me.
I have a BSc in biology and an MSc in biomedical science (non accredited ).
I am working as a microbiology lab tech 2+ years experience) and while the job itself is great, the money and career progression are pretty limited. I've explored getting my degree accredited via Ulster etc and doing the placement year so I can be an nhs biomedical scientist but... I worked for the NHS for many years (in senior care role, mental health) and understand too well the band 5s are treated just as poorly as those lower down on the ladder and for that much effort, time and money I personally don't think it's worth it.
Now I'm trying to discover what I could do to gain fulfillment in my working life. I like helping people but I don't want a career with no progression and a barely livable salary. Been there done that. I have some money so could pay for another MSc/ PhD/ additional training. Does anyone have any advice please? I'm really open to just about anything at the moment.
Thank you
Original post by usernamewilldo
Hi, I'm looking for advice from anyone who can help me.
I have a BSc in biology and an MSc in biomedical science (non accredited ).
I am working as a microbiology lab tech 2+ years experience) and while the job itself is great, the money and career progression are pretty limited. I've explored getting my degree accredited via Ulster etc and doing the placement year so I can be an nhs biomedical scientist but... I worked for the NHS for many years (in senior care role, mental health) and understand too well the band 5s are treated just as poorly as those lower down on the ladder and for that much effort, time and money I personally don't think it's worth it.
Now I'm trying to discover what I could do to gain fulfillment in my working life. I like helping people but I don't want a career with no progression and a barely livable salary. Been there done that. I have some money so could pay for another MSc/ PhD/ additional training. Does anyone have any advice please? I'm really open to just about anything at the moment.
Thank you

You could contact a private healthcare company?

Quick Reply

Latest