The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Urgent advise needed - A-level retakes and LSE

I'm currently about to apply for LSE for BSc economics, and I have the entry requirements and overachieving A-level grades including further maths. The key thing is that I am retaking economics and maths this year, getting a grade of B in both the first time with no real extenuating circumstances--only issues with my personal mindset.
Could anyone help me and give me their opinion on the idea that if I had a really good personal statement and reference, could I have a decent chance to get into LSE for this course?
This is of course a very difficult question, but I just wanted to know from people's experiences or knowledge, how discouraging LSE really is with retakes. If anyone could help me it would be immensely appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Danbek1110
I'm currently about to apply for LSE for BSc economics, and I have the entry requirements and overachieving A-level grades including further maths. The key thing is that I am retaking economics and maths this year, getting a grade of B in both the first time with no real extenuating circumstances--only issues with my personal mindset.
Could anyone help me and give me their opinion on the idea that if I had a really good personal statement and reference, could I have a decent chance to get into LSE for this course?
This is of course a very difficult question, but I just wanted to know from people's experiences or knowledge, how discouraging LSE really is with retakes. If anyone could help me it would be immensely appreciated!

I resat 3 subjects last year which were all at grade B and applying for LSE this year but not much hope tbh. Haven’t even seen my reference so not sure if my referee captured my circumstances ‘well’ or not but I’d say chances are slim but not 0. Sorry if that’s not much help but you also never know
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending