The Student Room Group

Help urgent

Not doing well in A levels, is doing an extra year (Y14) advisable??
Reply 1
not really. what do you mean by 'not doing well'. what do you want to go onto doing afterwards. please could you add some more context :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
well I've got my mock grades back, 2 Us in biology and chem and a D in psychology..which is not really want i want tbh. There may be a chance of me dropping chem but idk if i should stick w bio? or drop both and retake 2 new a levels hence year 14. Psych is fine I'll do those exams along w everyone in my cohort just bio and chem is the issue. What would you advise? cheers!

Original post by TazmeenX
not really. what do you mean by 'not doing well'. what do you want to go onto doing afterwards. please could you add some more context :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Peanut_Butter
well I've got my mock grades back, 2 Us in biology and chem and a D in psychology..which is not really want i want tbh. There may be a chance of me dropping chem but idk if i should stick w bio? or drop both and retake 2 new a levels hence year 14. Psych is fine I'll do those exams along w everyone in my cohort just bio and chem is the issue. What would you advise? cheers!

I also want to apply to uni, but they'll see that I've completed 3 a levels in the space of 3 years..i don't think that would look very good :frown:
Reply 4
firstly unis typically don't like it if you haven't done your a levels in one sitting, therefore if you were going to retake one, id say retake them all. if you haven't been formally registered in any of the exams you should be okay. are you in yr12? or y13? I'm going to assume the former. what do u want to go into and what unis are u looking at - if you want to go to university, u must look at their specific requirements you must also look at the likelihood of you being able to improve your grades. id say doing an extra year is not really advisable, especially if you don't have any mitigating circumstance.

Quick Reply

Latest