The Student Room Group

Oxford History Offer holders 2024

Hello👋 has anyone got an offer for history? I'm so excited!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi! I have an offer for history at Balliol! Can’t wait to meet everyone!
Reply 2
Hello guys! I got a history offer at Univ college. Ngl I was not expecting this especially since I applied to hispol. When they sent the email, I thought i didn't get in bc for some reason the Univ letters come attached with a PDF instead of it being directly written on the email so I thought it was a way of saying 'sorry but you didn't get in'. Anyways, it's so relieving to know and so exciting.

Hey! So excited to meet everyone too! Regent's Park here.
Reply 4
Original post by Liv_Grace101
Hey! So excited to meet everyone too! Regent's Park here.

Hi I got into RPC for History too, did you apply there or were you pooled?
Original post by berketeke
Hi I got into RPC for History too, did you apply there or were you pooled?

I was pooled there. Nice to sort of meet you.

Hey! I have an offer to read history at Trinity. I'm also very excited; I can't wait to meet everyone in October :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by miraculous-tank
Hey! I have an offer to read history at Trinity. I'm also very excited; I can't wait to meet everyone in October :smile:

I'm Trinity too! are you going to the offer holder day?
Original post by olph
I'm Trinity too! are you going to the offer holder day?

Yup - I’ve signed up for the February day. Hopefully I’ll see you there!
Reply 9
I’m doing maths at LMH!
Reply 10
Original post by abc13
Hi! I have an offer for history at Balliol! Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Hey! I also have an offer to study history at Balliol :smile:)
I have an offer for history at Wadham!
Does anyone know when the offer holder day at St Catz is?
Anyone got an Open Offer for History? An old FOI showed about 15 a year with the colleges that gave them out but that was several years back.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/history_open_offer_statistics
Has anyone had an Open Offer? Looking back at an old FOI request they gave out around 15 a year with 2/3 ending up at their underwriting college anyway.

Does anyone know if numbers are similar this year?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #3
Has anyone had an Open Offer? Looking back at an old FOI request they gave out around 15 a year with 2/3 ending up at their underwriting college anyway.

Does anyone know if numbers are similar this year?
An update for you - looking at the Mansfield page showing general Admissions Feedback (see link below) it states that there were 23 Open Offers made for Single Honours History this year. On some of the other colleges that post the Feedback (Keble and Merton as examples) the number of Open Offers isn't stated.

History Admissions Feedback
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 16
I suspect open offer holders will be used to in-fill place holders that miss their A-Level requirements.

Just a guess.

If that’s close to accurate, you couldn’t predict the college destination.

But ‘they’re all the best’ college anyway. 😉

The Mansfield stat may relate to open applications initially allocated to Mansfield as well as offer holder’s given an open offer (in other words, you’re in but colllege TBC)

(Father of an offer holder)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by AnonOxE
I suspect open offer holders will be used to in-fill place holders that miss their A-Level requirements.

Just a guess.

If that’s close to accurate, you couldn’t predict the college destination.

But ‘they’re all the best’ college anyway. 😉

The Mansfield stat may relate to open applications initially allocated to Mansfield as well as offer holder’s given an open offer (in other words, you’re in but colllege TBC)

(Father of an offer holder)
Mansfield have listed the number of open offers across the faculty in previous years' Feedback reports. The numbers tally with various FOI requests on open offers.

Anecdotally all the lads at my son's school with open offers in the last two years (6 of them) ended up at their Underwriting College. Not a huge pool to glean data from.
Hello all, congratulations on all the offers - I have an offer for Mst British and European History. Whats the timeframe when people heard back from colleges? Did anyone hear back from St Johns yet? I am still waiting on this part of the process. All the Best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending