The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Official University of Winchester Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Winchester Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Winchester.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hi- is anyone else applying for History and Politics? Hope everyones applications are going okay!
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by username367
Hi- is anyone else applying for History and Politics? Hope everyones applications are going okay!

Hiya,
I’m applying for history, single honours only tho. Hope your application is going well :smile:
Original post by Honey_05
Hiya,I’m applying for history, single honours only tho. Hope your application is going well :smile:
I’m looking at doing just history now too haha- what area of history are you most interested in?
Reply 4
Original post by username367
I’m looking at doing just history now too haha- what area of history are you most interested in?

I love social history, so like education, work and culture. Time period wise I’m probably most interested in the Victorian era. You?
Yay @Honey_05 and @username367 - we're so pleased you're hoping to study with us!

You might find our recent blog helpful: Tips and tricks for writing your personal statement :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Winchester Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Winchester.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

I just accepted an offer for BA (honours) archaeology at Winchester.
Hey guys! I've just made a thread for those of us who have received offers from Winchester so we can chat about more offer related stuff 🙂 Here's the link: The Official Winchester University Offer Holder Thread 2024 - The Student Room . Hope to see some of you on there soon!!
Hi - I was really hoping to apply to study Midwifery at Winchester but it won't let me apply via UCAS anymore. I phoned UCAS today and they have said the course is discontinued this year 😨 Can anyone clarify please? I'm currently doing an access course at college which is why I haven't been able to apply sooner - I finish it this summer. I thought I was applying for next January when I added it to my UCAS choices. I am almost certain it was an option but I'm unable to add Winchester at all now. One of my other university options is for an April 2025 start and seems to be ok - so I'm quite gutted and upset I won't be able to apply for Winchester too as it is one of my top choices 😪
Original post by SonnySunshine
Hi - I was really hoping to apply to study Midwifery at Winchester but it won't let me apply via UCAS anymore. I phoned UCAS today and they have said the course is discontinued this year 😨 Can anyone clarify please? I'm currently doing an access course at college which is why I haven't been able to apply sooner - I finish it this summer. I thought I was applying for next January when I added it to my UCAS choices. I am almost certain it was an option but I'm unable to add Winchester at all now. One of my other university options is for an April 2025 start and seems to be ok - so I'm quite gutted and upset I won't be able to apply for Winchester too as it is one of my top choices 😪

Hello, we love to hear we're one of your top choice and are even happier to let you know you can still apply for midwifery with us for January 2025! You can use the link below to add the course as one of your options, it should go straight to January 25 on your application: https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/18ff2617-446c-4d04-82ea-fe52d86f5e76?academicYearId=2024
If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our admissions team on [email protected], the team will be happy to help you further.
Good luck with your application!
Original post by University of Winchester
Hello, we love to hear we're one of your top choice and are even happier to let you know you can still apply for midwifery with us for January 2025! You can use the link below to add the course as one of your options, it should go straight to January 25 on your application: https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/18ff2617-446c-4d04-82ea-fe52d86f5e76?academicYearId=2024
If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our admissions team on [email protected], the team will be happy to help you further.
Good luck with your application!

Thank you for replying! I'm very pleased to say I sorted it in the end thanks to the admissions team at Winchester. There was a technical error UCAS end. I've got an interview at Winchester coming up 🤞🏼😊
Original post by SonnySunshine
Thank you for replying! I'm very pleased to say I sorted it in the end thanks to the admissions team at Winchester. There was a technical error UCAS end. I've got an interview at Winchester coming up 🤞🏼😊

Excellent! Fingers crossed your your interview 🤞🤞
Original post by HistoryVangaurd
I just accepted an offer for BA (honours) archaeology at Winchester.

Great news! 🥳🥳
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Hiya, are there any confirmed dates for offer holder days yet? Just curious as if any are on Saturdays I'll probably end up going to one of those and I'll need to book the day off work in enough advance 🙂
Original post by Honey_05
I love social history, so like education, work and culture. Time period wise I’m probably most interested in the Victorian era. You?

Oh thats cool- mostly the tudors but honestly all aspects of late medieval/ early modern history
Reply 15
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Hey everyone, I'm applying to Medieval History at Winchester as my insurance (ASNC at Cambridge is my firm) - are there any other Medieval historians or just historians? I really like the history of Winchester itself so while it is only my backup I'd be very happy to go there and learn more about it.
Hi,

I am applying for nursing and am awaiting to hear if I have been shortlisted for an interview.
Heya! Has anyone else applied for psychology/psychology and child development and is going to the 23rd March applicant day? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending