The Student Room Group

Ulip 2024

Hi. One of my five UCAS options is ULIP (Uni of London Institute of Paris) for a degree in International Politics. I’m currently in year 13, and take Politics, History and English Literature A levels, was just wondering if anyone else is applying there.
And wondering how you’re also planning on living in Paris / getting to know you as we may be at the same uni!
- Grace

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovestarwars_g
Hi. One of my five UCAS options is ULIP (Uni of London Institute of Paris) for a degree in International Politics. I’m currently in year 13, and take Politics, History and English Literature A levels, was just wondering if anyone else is applying there.
And wondering how you’re also planning on living in Paris / getting to know you as we may be at the same uni!
- Grace

Hi Grace! I applied on UCAS for International Politics at ULIP too for 2024 entry. I am an international student from America. Fingers crossed we get in!
Reply 2
Hi I am also Y13 and have applied for French Studies at ULIP! I think it sounds like such a cool opportunity. I have just booked my interview appointment after only sending my UCAS yesterday sooo fingers crossed
Original post by aarcs
Hi I am also Y13 and have applied for French Studies at ULIP! I think it sounds like such a cool opportunity. I have just booked my interview appointment after only sending my UCAS yesterday sooo fingers crossed

Oh, how did you get an interview appointment? I submitted my application on September 18 and still haven’t heard anything.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lola_From_USA
Oh, how did you get an interview appointment? I submitted my application on September 7 and still haven’t heard anything.

they emailed me earlier today telling me i had an interview and giving me a link to book it. maybe try looking back in your emails and junk mail? or maybe they just haven't got round to sending you an email yet? it might be different because you are international, not sure, good luck though:smile:
Original post by aarcs
they emailed me earlier today telling me i had an interview and giving me a link to book it. maybe try looking back in your emails and junk mail? or maybe they just haven't got round to sending you an email yet? it might be different because you are international, not sure, good luck though:smile:

I will look at my junk/spam folder. Thanks!
Original post by aarcs

Wow you guys are so ahead, my college isn’t letting me apply until October 25th!
good luck :smile:
Don't worry. I think I applied too early. :-)
Wow you guys are so ahead, my college isn’t letting me apply until October 25th!
good luck :smile:
Hello!

I am hoping to apply for International Politics with French - I currently take History, Politics and French A level.
I think on the ULIP website there was page about accommodation with various options - most people tend to flat share and there is a Facebook group that they recommend :smile:

- Erin
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by aarcs

I never received an invitation for an interview for ULIP. Did you have your interview yet?
Reply 10
I never received an invitation for an interview for ULIP. Did you have your interview yet?

I’ve got it in a couple of hours! Maybe it’s because you’re international that you haven’t got an invitation yet? Idk. Out of curiosity, how come you’ve applied for a British university in Paris as an international student? Have you applied for French universities as well?
Original post by aarcs
I’ve got it in a couple of hours! Maybe it’s because you’re international that you haven’t got an invitation yet? Idk. Out of curiosity, how come you’ve applied for a British university in Paris as an international student? Have you applied for French universities as well?

Great question! I have applied to 4 universities in England and ULIP in Paris so I can study Politics in peace. We have completely lost our freedom of speech in America. Most of our universities are intolerant of multiple perspectives and my state has made it ILLEGAL to study certain subjects in Politics and History like the 1619 project, gender studies, woman's studies, etc. I need a break from all of this division. Also, university costs me as much $360,000 here in America whereas ULIP will cost me $120,000 as an International student. Can’t beat that investment!

P.S. How did your interview go??? I got an email saying admissions will be in touch within the month, so I am very happy!!!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 12
Great question! I have applied to 4 universities in England and ULIP in Paris so I can study Politics in peace. We have completely lost our freedom of speech in America. Most of our universities are intolerant of multiple perspectives and my state has made it ILLEGAL to study certain subjects in Politics and History like the 1619 project, gender studies, woman's studies, etc. I need a break from all of this division. Also, university costs me as much $360,000 here in America whereas ULIP will cost me $120,000 as an International student. Can’t beat that investment!

P.S. How did your interview go??? I got an email saying admissions will be in touch within the month, so I am very happy!!!

oh wow i had no idea they were banning topics in american universities and all that, that's awful!! it's great that it's literally a third of the price for ULIP as an international student, that's pretty cool.
my interview went quite well thank you, i actually just recieved my offer today so i'm pretty pumped! hope they get in touch with you soon :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by aarcs

I’ve just received an invitation for an interview! Have you had yours yet? If so how did it it go? If not how are you preparing?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by ella w
I’ve just received an invitation for an interview! Have you had yours yet? If so how did it it go? If not how are you preparing?

congrats on the interview! i've had mine and received my offer last week. the interview is not like academic or anything, it's more to give some clarity and find out how you might get on at ULIP as it's a very different uni experience to other unis. it lasts 15mins, if you have applied for french studies part of it will be in french.

in french i was asked why i decided to apply/what appealed to me about ULIP, also some questions about if i had visited paris/france before, how i liked it, what book/movie i study at a-level, things like that.
afterwards in english i was asked how i think i'd get on at ULIP (what sort of things i might do to explore the city and make friends, ect) and after if i had any questions

that was basically it. to prepare i just gave some thought as to why i had applied and wrote a few notes. good luck, i'm sure it will go great!
Update: I’ve been offered an interview and it’s on Monday 27th for International Politics, can’t wait!
Update: I’ve been offered an interview and it’s on Monday 27th for International Politics, can’t wait!

That’s wonderful! Congratulations!!!

congrats!! 😊
Reply 18

congratulations!! bonne chance 🙂
Everyone: during the online open house on 15 November, ULIP said the Journée de Rencontres (applicant open day) this year will be held on Saturday 23 March 2024 or Saturday 6 April 2024. I am praying they select 23 March as the final date as my Aunt is getting married on 6 April and the Paris Marathon is on 7 April which is why so many accommodations are already sold out in Paris that weekend and remaining rooms are very expensive. I hope they realize the Marathon will make it difficult for us to get to the Eurostar to go back home that Sunday due to traffic as well. If you have an interview coming up, you may want to mention this and advocate for the 23 March date. Also, who wants to meet up the evening of Friday 22 March near ULIP in Paris for a pre-get together? We can pick an informal place close to ULIP, set a time, and whoever shows up, shows up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending