The Student Room Group

Is this fair?

I have mock exams for my A-Levels on 29th January and I sit 2 papers on the same day which is law and media studies.
Both of these papers were at the same time, 1:30pm and, I have to do law first which is until 3:00pm.
Media was changed to 3:35pm and I have a half an hour break which I don't even think I will be able to study or refresh my memory for. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by onlyjen.
I have mock exams for my A-Levels on 29th January and I sit 2 papers on the same day which is law and media studies.
Both of these papers were at the same time, 1:30pm and, I have to do law first which is until 3:00pm.
Media was changed to 3:35pm and I have a half an hour break which I don't even think I will be able to study or refresh my memory for. What should I do?

Have you checked whether this will happen in the summer? Many people have to do this sort of thing in the real exams.

Could you ask to do one in the morning?
Reply 2
This is annoying but you should aim to try and be as well prepared beforehand as you can. Use this next week to be prepared in advance, and that way it'll help make any possible revision time in-between the exams irrelevant to what you already know. I'd recommend just going to the toilet and eating a light snack between the exams, and maybe a handful of flashcards or questions to warm yourself up. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Have you checked whether this will happen in the summer? Many people have to do this sort of thing in the real exams.

Could you ask to do one in the morning?

I did, I was told I could if my teacher agreed which he did but, during my law exam I found out half way that I have to take the media exam as well.
It's okay though it's over, thank you for your response.
Reply 4
Original post by Stick101
This is annoying but you should aim to try and be as well prepared beforehand as you can. Use this next week to be prepared in advance, and that way it'll help make any possible revision time in-between the exams irrelevant to what you already know. I'd recommend just going to the toilet and eating a light snack between the exams, and maybe a handful of flashcards or questions to warm yourself up. Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest