The Student Room Group

Error message image too large

Problem Summary
Error message image too large

Problem Details
This is the error message when I put my browser on full screen (which I did only to take the screenshot).

When my browser isn't full screen I can't see any of the error message and have to scroll to that.

Device
Desktop

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi @04MR17 - thanks for raising, hopefully users won't see this very often!

The error screen really exists to block out errored content. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it dynamic to fit different screen sizes.

I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you notice anything else or have other feedback, feel free to open a new thread using the feedback form 🙂
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @04MR17 - thanks for raising, hopefully users won't see this very often!

The error screen really exists to block out errored content. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it dynamic to fit different screen sizes.

I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you notice anything else or have other feedback, feel free to open a new thread using the feedback form 🙂

Hiya, I understand the purpose of this image, but the issue is that how will users understand that it is errored content if they cannot see any text in the image?

Not sure it needs to be dynamic, just needs cropping at the top so that the error message text is actually visible when the page loads. I'll try to share another screenshot later on tonight.
Why is it an image at all? Why not just text overlaid over a background?

How does this work with screen reading devices and software?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending