The Student Room Group

Handing In My Notice In A Week - What Needs To Go Into It?

Hey Guys;

I am leaving my job to do my MSc this September (want some time to prep to move all my stuff into my accommodation and some time off to study/chill) and am planning on giving in my one month's notice in a week (2nd or 3rd of August leave date), thing is, this is my first job and have never handed in a notice before and would probably like to go back once I finish my MSc, just with a more senior role all going well... thing is, I have no idea what to put into it.

Help please?

Some info:
It's an NHS role as a Band 4 Associate Practitioner
I have worked there for 2 years now
I genuinely enjoy working there, I just can't study full time and have a full time job too... especially where they're literally on different sides of the country (I live in the South East and my MSc is in the South West).

I've also expressed interest in working there for bank shifts (basically I pick up a 12 hour shift here and there over the public holiday breaks), but that is literally working with another company (National Health Service Professionals) if any shifts go there and I express interest in taking them, I'm not obligated.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Just explain that you are hading in your notice as of (set date) and will be working out your one months notice. Also please add in there that its due to educational reasons, and also add in that you have throroughly enjoyed working there, and to please consider me for any future employment once my education is completed.
Reply 2
Original post by Ghostlady
Just explain that you are hading in your notice as of (set date) and will be working out your one months notice. Also please add in there that its due to educational reasons, and also add in that you have throroughly enjoyed working there, and to please consider me for any future employment once my education is completed.

It's probably best to state explicitly in the letter when the last day of working is, not just the date that you're giving notice. That way you know that you and your manager both have the same idea of when you finish.
Reply 3
Original post by Ghostlady

Original post by martin7
It's probably best to state explicitly in the letter when the last day of working is, not just the date that you're giving notice. That way you know that you and your manager both have the same idea of when you finish.

Thank you both for replying to this thread, I have enclosed a copy of my leave notice within this message (with any identifying information removed), could you please tell me if this is acceptable as I am hoping to send this in today.

Please accept this letter as my one month’s leave notice effective as of the Monday 3rd July 2023 with my final working day being Thursday 3rd August 2023 as an Associate Practitioner for *Insert employer name*. The reason for my leave is because, as you know, I am going to be attending university this year to obtain my MSc in Biomedical Science, I do however wish to thank you and everyone else who granted me the opportunity to work at *Insert employer name* and couldn’t be happier with finding such a warm and welcoming work environment whilst working with everyone in the lab.

After completing my MSc, I would also like be considered for future employment at *Insert employer name* as I have thoroughly enjoyed working with yourself as well as everyone else at *Insert employer name* and am grateful for the experience and opportunity the lab and everyone else has presented me.

Wishing you, everyone else and the lab the best in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending