The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

chemeng interview at manchester

what type of technical/problem solving do they ask?? i’m getting really bad anxiety i honestly have no idea what to expect any help is appreciated!!
Reply 1
They won't expect you to know anything that isn't on the A-level spec.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Naser1234
They won't expect you to know anything that isn't on the A-level spec.

Thank you omg I thought uom interview was gonna be like oxford giving me hella ptsd lol.
Just two questions, what did they ask you in your interview?
What unis did you apply for ChemE?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thank you omg I thought uom interview was gonna be like oxford giving me hella ptsd lol.

Pssst -

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
Reply 4

1) I didn't apply to chem eng, this is just a fact. They interview so many ppl from so many different countries they can't expect you to know anything more than what you're supposed to. Especially since everyone researches different things.
2) I didn't apply to chem eng.

Also, don't ask for interview questions, you're not allowed to give them out if you know. However, more positively, if you got a uom interview I hear they're very likely to let you in after. I've been told it's j to check you are who you say you are and you know what you say you know.
I had my interview and your right lol I slipped up on the technical questions pretty badly and they still gave me an offer, which makes me wonder why UoM interview in the first place. If you didn't apply for ChemE, what did you apply for them?
Reply 6
I had my interview and your right lol I slipped up on the technical questions pretty badly and they still gave me an offer, which makes me wonder why UoM interview in the first place. If you didn't apply for ChemE, what did you apply for them?

Natural Sciences at Cambridge and got rejected. Biochem at UoM and got in. They interview apparently to j check you're real and you didn't lie on your statement idk
Original post by Naser1234
Natural Sciences at Cambridge and got rejected. Biochem at UoM and got in. They interview apparently to j check you're real and you didn't lie on your statement idk

Sorry to hear that. If you made it to the interview stage that's still an achievement in itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending