The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering at Manchester?

Hi, does anyone here study chemEng at Manchester university as I think I want to apply there and I would like to ask a few questions about the course etc.
Many thanks :smile:)
For a tad bit of context:
I am predicted 3A*s in biology chemistry and maths

Maths and chemistry are my favourite subject out of the three, but I do love maths a bit more as I find it extremely fascinating and it just clicks with me when i learn it!
Initially I wanted to do chemistry but I got rejected from Oxford in the last interview stage.
That’s when I realised that it might have been a blessing in disguise as I’m actually not that passionate for chemistry and I’d love to do something more mathematical and chemistry linked.

I’m a bit concerned seeming as I do not do physics alevel. Thank you!!!
Bump because I’m going to ring the uni tmr !!
Original post by ilovechemistry69
Hi, does anyone here study chemEng at Manchester university as I think I want to apply there and I would like to ask a few questions about the course etc.
Many thanks :smile:)
For a tad bit of context:
I am predicted 3A*s in biology chemistry and maths

Maths and chemistry are my favourite subject out of the three, but I do love maths a bit more as I find it extremely fascinating and it just clicks with me when i learn it!
Initially I wanted to do chemistry but I got rejected from Oxford in the last interview stage.
That’s when I realised that it might have been a blessing in disguise as I’m actually not that passionate for chemistry and I’d love to do something more mathematical and chemistry linked.

I’m a bit concerned seeming as I do not do physics alevel. Thank you!!!

Manchester has an excellent reputation for Chemical Engineering. So go ahead and apply!!! 😀

Quick Reply

Latest