The Student Room Group

A level: 18 DAYS TO GO UGSHHSJS

so uh i take business , economics, psychology, general English and As level biology
I got AADD in AS level
And i genuinely want to raise my As to A*s and hopefully get an A in English this year.
I have precisely 18 days left but I'm so worried my grades will drop this time .
I made notes throughout the year but now that I need to revise , I don't remember a lot of the content , how do you even revise for a level? :frown:
This is how I've been studying lately, lmk what I can do to improve and if I'm even revising efficiently -

For business I've just been doing past papers (mostly) for the past month or so but I keep the Mark scheme open when I'm framing my answers so idek if I'm actually retaining anything

For psychology I've written, rewritten, everything a lot of times but i still don't remember a lot of the content properly, esp since the syllabus changed this year , doing past year papers is a Lil scary cuz i only technically have the 24 specimen paper to prepare with but even then , I've done a decent amount of past papers (i still can't answer them properly without using the ms as reference)

For economics idek what I did wrong last year , I studied but still got a D . Even this year I did a decent amount of eco but i really don't think I can do much ,I'd appreciate study tips for eco . I find section A of the theory paper the hardest cause the questions are goofy.

How do I efficiently study and potentially raise my As to A*s and hopefully get atleast a low C in eco .
Reply 1
Original post by Raina :)
so uh i take business , economics, psychology, general English and As level biology
I got AADD in AS level
And i genuinely want to raise my As to A*s and hopefully get an A in English this year.
I have precisely 18 days left but I'm so worried my grades will drop this time .
I made notes throughout the year but now that I need to revise , I don't remember a lot of the content , how do you even revise for a level? :frown:
This is how I've been studying lately, lmk what I can do to improve and if I'm even revising efficiently -

For business I've just been doing past papers (mostly) for the past month or so but I keep the Mark scheme open when I'm framing my answers so idek if I'm actually retaining anything

For psychology I've written, rewritten, everything a lot of times but i still don't remember a lot of the content properly, esp since the syllabus changed this year , doing past year papers is a Lil scary cuz i only technically have the 24 specimen paper to prepare with but even then , I've done a decent amount of past papers (i still can't answer them properly without using the ms as reference)

For economics idek what I did wrong last year , I studied but still got a D . Even this year I did a decent amount of eco but i really don't think I can do much ,I'd appreciate study tips for eco . I find section A of the theory paper the hardest cause the questions are goofy.

How do I efficiently study and potentially raise my As to A*s and hopefully get atleast a low C in eco .

What specification do you do for psychology?
Watch videos from SM Cartledge. He has most of the lessons for each topic. Any missing, using Bear it in mind or psychboost.
If you do AQA, learn the lessons as 16 markers.
Also, why are your A-Levels in 18 days?
(edited 2 months ago)
I got AADD in AS level

You are 'struggling' because you are taking too many A-Levels. This is why it's always suggested to only take 3 or 4 depending on the combination.
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
You are 'struggling' because you are taking too many A-Levels. This is why it's always suggested to only take 3 or 4 depending on the combination.

Hi:smile:, the subjects i currently prioritise include psychology, business and economics. I don't have biology anymore since I only opted for AS level biology. general English is pretty doable so technically I only have 3 A levels to focus on
Reply 4
Original post by eiosa
What specification do you do for psychology?
Watch videos from SM Cartledge. He has most of the lessons for each topic. Any missing, using Bear it in mind or psychboost.
If you do AQA, learn the lessons as 16 markers.
Also, why are your A-Levels in 18 days?

Thank you! Will watch a couple of revision videos, hopefully it'll help. Also , I opted for the Feb/March intake.
Hi:smile:, the subjects i currently prioritise include psychology, business and economics. I don't have biology anymore since I only opted for AS level biology. general English is pretty doable so technically I only have 3 A levels to focus on

If you say so.

What exam board are you with for all your subjects? Feb/March intake - are you doing the Cambridge International A-Levels?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
If you say so.

What exam board are you with for all your subjects? Feb/March intake - are you doing the Cambridge International A-Levels?

Yess. I follow the CIE/CAIE curriculum
Yess. I follow the CIE/CAIE curriculum

so howd it go?

Quick Reply

Latest