The Student Room Group

Physics as aqa

Hello everyone, I am an year 12 students approaching towards my AS level exams. I have been working hard but still end up messing with many of the concepts any suggestions on how can I improvise?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Cahetal2804
Hello everyone, I am an year 12 students approaching towards my AS level exams. I have been working hard but still end up messing with many of the concepts any suggestions on how can I improvise?

Hi, is there any particular concepts that's been difficult for you? I agree that AQA is really confusing specially with their markings and etc.

My suggestion is that you should learn or re-learn the concepts until you have a firm grasp of it before you start working hard so it would all make sense. You can use PMT and go through their detailed notes if that helps. You can also use YouTube videos (Physics Online and etc.). Then if you're ready, go to UMUTECH to do past paper questions. Let me know if you need any more help.
Original post by Abaxta
Hi, is there any particular concepts that's been difficult for you? I agree that AQA is really confusing specially with their markings and etc.

My suggestion is that you should learn or re-learn the concepts until you have a firm grasp of it before you start working hard so it would all make sense. You can use PMT and go through their detailed notes if that helps. You can also use YouTube videos (Physics Online and etc.). Then if you're ready, go to UMUTECH to do past paper questions. Let me know if you need any more help.
Hi tbf I’m actually so stressed with physics cause I have tried covering up all my knowledge gaps, practising as much as I can and doing every possible thing but still messing up during my mocks. Fr I’m so done rn cause I have made every possible try like I even did everything from the resources you have suggested. I always had a lot of interest in physics but the response I get from my teachers is just demotivating. Can you please help me also I was told to practise the 2023 paper 1 and paper 2 of as do u have it by any chance?
Reply 4
Original post by username6368406
Original post by Abaxta

Hi tbf I’m actually so stressed with physics cause I have tried covering up all my knowledge gaps, practising as much as I can and doing every possible thing but still messing up during my mocks. Fr I’m so done rn cause I have made every possible try like I even did everything from the resources you have suggested. I always had a lot of interest in physics but the response I get from my teachers is just demotivating. Can you please help me also I was told to practise the 2023 paper 1 and paper 2 of as do u have it by any chance?

Hi, I know teacher's feedback can be really demotivating especially for year 1 physics. But don't let it hinder you from asking them questions.

As you do the past paper questions. Attempt to mark it yourself and check the things you missed out on and see how you might've missed the mark (usually in written questions) so that you have ideas on what to write if a similar question comes up. The weird thing is that AQA can have different answers to the exact same questions so I suggest you master up your Exam Skills on that.

I am allowed to share any resources beyond our college however none of those are the 2023 Papers. I will ask and let you know.
Original post by username6368406

Go through detailed notes PMT.

You should watch these videos topic by topic from the playlist and then write your own summary / what you understood from the video : https://www.youtube.com/c/TLPhysics

PMT Flashcards

Go through anything again you haven't understood / or can't remember.

Then go into exam questions from PMT, Umutech etc.

Find out weak areas and where / why you're going wrong. Go to your teachers as much as possible don't be afraid of annoying them as they are there and paid to help you and will more than likely do so if you are a reasonable person.

IT IS A TRICKY SUBJECT! Sometimes all you need is some time and rest for it to click, just keep working hard don't stop.

Quick Reply

Latest