The Student Room Group

GCSE options

Hey ,
I’m currently in Year 9 and in a few weeks I will have to be choosing my options for gcse . I’m sure that I’m going to choose further maths(Edxcel)and media studies(AQA) but I don’t know what to choose for my third option .. I’ve been thinking about take geography because I have one of the top scores for it and I quite like it but I am unsure about taking it because I’ve heard that geo requires a lot of memorisation of case studies,which I’m not great at…
Please help 😭
Original post by esha_0512
Hey ,
I’m currently in Year 9 and in a few weeks I will have to be choosing my options for gcse . I’m sure that I’m going to choose further maths(Edxcel)and media studies(AQA) but I don’t know what to choose for my third option .. I’ve been thinking about take geography because I have one of the top scores for it and I quite like it but I am unsure about taking it because I’ve heard that geo requires a lot of memorisation of case studies,which I’m not great at…
Please help 😭

Memorising case studies is an important part of geography, and I wouldn't worry about not being great at it because you still have over two years before the actual exams to practise
Original post by esha_0512
Hey ,
Please help 😭

hii im in y11 im doing maths lang lit triple science comp history dt re spanish
imo dont pick geo unless you actually like it; all my friends say its boring. yes easier than history, yes boring.
if you hace the option for a language AND YOURE GOOD pick it otherwise don't bother
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest