The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is it even possible to get an LSE econ offer with these grades?

I’ve been reading the comments on some of the threads on here and it seems as if everyone applying has all A*s and perfect GCSEs.

I’m on 2A*s 2As (A in FM) and decent GCSEs (6 9s, 2 8s, a 7 and a 6).

I don’t know if I even have a chance anymore 😭
Students with offers may have posted their grades in the LSE applicant thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7400233
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply.
I have had a look there and there have only really been offers for 5 A* students so far this year. That makes sense as they only give early offers for exceptional students.
Even across the other years, I haven’t seen anybody really get an offer for econ without all A*s including FM.
Reply 3
Don’t be so down! I got my offer yesterday and my gcse grades are worse than yours😭 You definitely have a chance!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve been reading the comments on some of the threads on here and it seems as if everyone applying has all A*s and perfect GCSEs.

Your UCAS Personal Statement must be 'stellar' for an offer to be the outcome of your UCAS Application to LSE. Because as long as you have A star A A A in 4 A-Levels which includes Maths, Further Maths and Economics, then you should be successful. 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Didxr
Don’t be so down! I got my offer yesterday and my gcse grades are worse than yours😭 You definitely have a chance!

Congrats!! Was your offer for econ?
Reply 6
Original post by thegeek888
Original post by Anonymous #1

Your UCAS Personal Statement must be 'stellar' for an offer to be the outcome of your UCAS Application to LSE. Because as long as you have A star A A A in 4 A-Levels which includes Maths, Further Maths and Economics, then you should be successful. 🙂

so the only thing they really care about is the quality of your personal statement once you have the required grades? That’s more comforting to think about.
Reply 7
Original post by shush12389
Congrats!! Was your offer for econ?

Mathematics and econ!
Reply 8
Original post by Didxr

Mathematics and econ!

Congrats once again!! Out of curiosity what were you predicted?
Reply 9
Original post by shush12389
Congrats once again!! Out of curiosity what were you predicted?

Thanks! still in shock tbh but I was predicted A*A*A and I do Maths further maths and econ
Original post by Didxr

Thanks! still in shock tbh but I was predicted A*A*A and I do Maths further maths and econ

niceee
Is lse gonna be ur firm then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending