The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Switching the course of an offer from LSE

I have an offer for Economics from LSE and want to switch the offer to Economics and Maths. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with the admissions team to request this because LSE doesn't have a UG admissions email
[email protected] and [email protected] are two emails you can contact.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have an offer for Economics from LSE and want to switch the offer to Economics and Maths. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with the admissions team to request this because LSE doesn't have a UG admissions email
I would just take the offer and then switch when you arrive at LSE as this is fairly easy whereas it's unlikely they will let you switch if you dont attend this uni yet.
Reply 3
Original post by amberlily051
I would just take the offer and then switch when you arrive at LSE as this is fairly easy whereas it's unlikely they will let you switch if you dont attend this uni yet.
Are you a student there? is it definitely fairly easy at LSE?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
[email protected] and [email protected] are two emails you can contact.
Those emails are out of use
Are you a student there? is it definitely fairly easy at LSE?
yeh im a first year at the moment. I have a few friends who switched degrees like from data science and politics to data Science. plus econ is one of the hardest to get in for so its likely to be fine too as its not like ur asking to switch from anthropology to econ etc
Reply 6
yeh im a first year at the moment. I have a few friends who switched degrees like from data science and politics to data Science. plus econ is one of the hardest to get in for so its likely to be fine too as its not like ur asking to switch from anthropology to econ etc
thanks so much
Reply 7

It's best not to start a course you don't want to continue, so you need to really need to talk to LSE before you arrive.

Yes, you could start and ask to transfer once your course has started, but there tend to be tight timescales. You also need to have a "plan B" in case they say no to a transfer.

Contact details for LSE UG admissions are here:https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Applicants/Secure/Contact-UG-Admissions

It looks like you can contact them via their "Undergraduate Admissions Knowledge Base", but they do also provide a phone number. If phoning, make a note of the date and time, and the name of the person you speak to. Make notes of the call as you go along -- and it might help to write down a list of specific questions in advance to make sure you cover them during the call.
Also a student at LSE and can second that it is relatively easy to switch courses. I actually know someone who switched from Philosophy of all things to Econ and Maths, so you should be able to switch quite easily. Worst case scenario, in the 1% chance they don't allow you to switch for whatever reason, it's not like you would reject your offer from one of the best universities in the world for Econ anyway, so there's really no point trying to get them to switch you over before you start. Just focus on getting your grades.
Reply 9
Original post by martin7
It's best not to start a course you don't want to continue, so you need to really need to talk to LSE before you arrive.
Yes, you could start and ask to transfer once your course has started, but there tend to be tight timescales. You also need to have a "plan B" in case they say no to a transfer.
Contact details for LSE UG admissions are here:https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Applicants/Secure/Contact-UG-Admissions
It looks like you can contact them via their "Undergraduate Admissions Knowledge Base", but they do also provide a phone number. If phoning, make a note of the date and time, and the name of the person you speak to. Make notes of the call as you go along -- and it might help to write down a list of specific questions in advance to make sure you cover them during the call.
i called them they said thats not possible to switch before you get there as a student
Original post by poppy2022
Also a student at LSE and can second that it is relatively easy to switch courses. I actually know someone who switched from Philosophy of all things to Econ and Maths, so you should be able to switch quite easily. Worst case scenario, in the 1% chance they don't allow you to switch for whatever reason, it's not like you would reject your offer from one of the best universities in the world for Econ anyway, so there's really no point trying to get them to switch you over before you start. Just focus on getting your grades.

did they do this after enrolling in first year or at the end of first year?
Even if some people have changed courses in the past, you have to consider the possibility that they just say no. So it’s more a case as to whether you’d be happy completing the original course that you enrol onto if the worst comes to the worst.
Original post by Anonymous

After enrolling in first year
Original post by Anonymous

switch within a week or so at the start of first year. its quite hard to switch courses after one year as second year has a lot of prerequisites for modules which you wouldn't have done if you dont switch early.

switch within a week or so at the start of first year. its quite hard to switch courses after one year as second year has a lot of prerequisites for modules which you wouldn't have done if you dont switch early.

okay thanks , did they have to explain their reasons in extreme detail?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending