The Student Room Group

examsssss

my first A level board paper didn't go as well as I expected even after studying immensely hard and it shattered me , now I have other papers coming up and am completely demotivated.how should I cope with this
Original post by oreothecutedog
my first A level board paper didn't go as well as I expected even after studying immensely hard and it shattered me , now I have other papers coming up and am completely demotivated.how should I cope with this

Hi @oreothecutedog

I am so so sorry to hear that; it is such a demotivating and draining feeling.

If it were me talking to my past self, I would say take a couple of days to relax and do some fun things. Once you start to feel a little better, that is when I would start focusing on what you can do next to improve.

Definitely talk to your teachers; they are the experts and may help you to identify exactly where your gaps in knowledge are or just have some really helpful advice; you never know until you reach out.

Then, take some time to review your current revision methods. Are they really as effective as you might think? Use resources like YouTube to gather initial ideas and learn about new revision techniques. Just be careful not to fall down a rabbit hole watching study tubers! That is exactly what I used to do 😀

I am wishing you all the best with revision and future exams!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest