The Student Room Group

Oral health science- University of Essex

Hi, does anyone have interviews booked or had an interview already for oral health science??

Scroll to see replies

Hey @annab1991

Not sure if you've been over to the oral health science forum for 2023 as it's a bit more lively over there and I've talked to a few students who have applied for and had interviews at Essex already
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7165487&page=87

Have you had an interview yet?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 2
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @annab1991

Not sure if you've been over to the oral health science forum for 2023 as it's a bit more lively over there and I've talked to a few students who have applied for and had interviews at Essex already
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7165487&page=87

Have you had an interview yet?

Best wishes

Ahh thank you for your help Hayley!
I have read the whole feed now, it took a while but there’s lots of help in there.
My interview is in 2 weeks!
Original post by annab1991
Ahh thank you for your help Hayley!
I have read the whole feed now, it took a while but there’s lots of help in there.
My interview is in 2 weeks!

Wow you read the whole thread! 🙉

Have you looked into the NHS learning support fund yet?
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

When you study Oral Health Science at Essex you'd be eligible to apply at the start of the academic year, just apply within 6 months from the start of your course. Some more info about scholarships and bursaries down here:
https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care/scholarships-and-funding

Good luck for your interview!
Reply 4
Wow you read the whole thread! 🙉

Have you looked into the NHS learning support fund yet?
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

When you study Oral Health Science at Essex you'd be eligible to apply at the start of the academic year, just apply within 6 months from the start of your course. Some more info about scholarships and bursaries down here:
https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care/scholarships-and-funding

Good luck for your interview!

I did…it took a while 😅
I hadn’t looked into that yet but that is great, thank you so much for the information! Really helpful ☺️
I did…it took a while 😅
I hadn’t looked into that yet but that is great, thank you so much for the information! Really helpful ☺️

you're welcome! you've got plenty of time to apply for it
are you local to Essex? what made you choose this course?

Best wishes
Reply 6
you're welcome! you've got plenty of time to apply for it
are you local to Essex? what made you choose this course?

Best wishes

No I’m from Yorkshire but my boyfriend is from Chelmsford so perfect time to make the move and to study at the same time! I have been a dental nurse for 12 years so it’s the next step in my profession 😊
No I’m from Yorkshire but my boyfriend is from Chelmsford so perfect time to make the move and to study at the same time! I have been a dental nurse for 12 years so it’s the next step in my profession 😊

That's great, you've got loads of experience that'll help in your interview. Are you going for Colchester or Southend campus?
I'm a mature student as well, we've got such a mix of students here from all different backgrounds and ages

Best wishes
Reply 8
Oh are you, are you studying oral health science or something different?
I have put both campuses down as they’re both similar distance driving but Colchester is quicker on the train. I’d be happy with either I just really want to do the course 😅
Oh are you, are you studying oral health science or something different?
I have put both campuses down as they’re both similar distance driving but Colchester is quicker on the train. I’d be happy with either I just really want to do the course 😅

I study Biomedical science, I'm in my second year.
I know a couple people who do oral health science. It's more varied on your course because students have worked for a while before they start as it's that career progression thing onto your next step. For me uni was a total career change from the hospitality industry as I wanted to do something different when the pandemic started 😷

Best wishes
Is here anyone who had an interview for Oral Health Science already? Do they do English and maths test like in previous years?
Original post by Gosia11
Is here anyone who had an interview for Oral Health Science already? Do they do English and maths test like in previous years?

I've had an interview, no tests.
Oh that is good to hear because I had mine yesterday but no test I was a bit worry that I misunderstood something
hey, what sort of questions did they ask??
and how many interviewers were in the interview with you?
thank u
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Hi, yeh I had my interview in December and I’m still waiting on a reply. The deadlines coming tho so idk:frown:
Hi, does anyone have interviews booked or had an interview already for oral health science??

hi i’ve had an interview. they said we hear back april/may if we haven’t heard back yet does that mean most likely i won’t be getting the place
Reply 16
Original post by tahaismaeel16
hi i’ve had an interview. they said we hear back april/may if we haven’t heard back yet does that mean most likely i won’t be getting the place

Hi, im still waiting for a response too! Apparently they are sending out there decisions all on thursday :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ambas
Hi, im still waiting for a response too! Apparently they are sending out there decisions all on thursday :smile:

do u mind me askin how u know that??? did the interviewers let u know or did u ring them???
Reply 18
Original post by lavin.lav
do u mind me askin how u know that??? did the interviewers let u know or did u ring them???

Someone called the Uni yesterday:smile:
thank you for letting me know 🙏

Original post by ambas

Quick Reply

Latest