The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Open Day 14th Feb- were you on the train that was delayed?

Hi. Just wondered if anyone else was on the train from Newcastle to Durham yesterday that very sadly hit someone who jumped from the platform. We ended up stuck just outside Durham for 2 hours and,as a result, missed all the college tours. Apart from not being able to stop thinking about the poor person who ended their life and the train driver, I also wondered if it was worth contacting the university to see if it's possible to visit again to see the colleges we missed. I just don't know who I would contact.
I hope anyone who shared this distressing incident is ok.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. Just wondered if anyone else was on the train from Newcastle to Durham yesterday that very sadly hit someone who jumped from the platform. We ended up stuck just outside Durham for 2 hours and,as a result, missed all the college tours. Apart from not being able to stop thinking about the poor person who ended their life and the train driver, I also wondered if it was worth contacting the university to see if it's possible to visit again to see the colleges we missed. I just don't know who I would contact.

The communication you received about Open Days will have come from [email protected] - so that would presumably who would want to contact. If you'd rather call, you can do so at 0191 334 1000.

Note that their next open days are on 14th and 15th of June, I believe.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hiya

I heard about the incident and was very surprised by it too. I believe we have 2 more upcoming offer-holder days in March and April + Discover Durham Tours that run usually in April where ambassadors show you around the main campus buildings and potentially some colleges. I'm sure the admissions team would be aware of this situation too and might be able to book you onto one of the upcoming offer-holder days. It's best to contact them via phone as has been mentioned above. :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest