The Student Room Group

London Overground's new names revealed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Scotland Yard
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68296483.amp

Do we think these new names are political more than anything else? Nothing against the people being honoured by the new names, but it seems to me they could have come up with better names - particularly the new "Liberty" line, which just seems like something they came up with after they ran out of creativity.

It won't shock you that Liberty Line is the one i consider to be any good.

Lioness Line not only sounds bad but they actually lost the World Cup.
The Mildmay hospital is something barely anybody knows about. I had to read it just now.
Windrush Line is politically biased, plenty of people either don't care about the scandal or don't think we needed the immigrants to begin with.

Suffragete and Weaver Lines i'll give half marks to.

I'd have liked to continue the Royal connection to most. If we keep the King Charles Line for Crossrail 2 then we could go for the Catherine Line. The Britannia Line is also a good option. The Gladstone, Disraeli and Pitt Lines for political figures.
Reply 21
Original post by erin11
its nice that theyve been given official names and link with the underground a bit more, but its a bit of a shame as the insane amount of money used on this could have been directed towards problems like knife crime prevention and so on

Khan's approach as Police and Crime Commisioner is generally not to bother. He's exceptionally poor at that aspect of the role even before you consider any mayoral policies. Sadly, he is the Labour candidate in a Labour city though and Labour are currently polling well. So he will be rewarded for his ineptness with another term.
The suffragette line cracks me up. they bombed and killed a train driver

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending