The Student Room Group

London accommodation

Hi guys/girls

I am an incoming undergraduate student at the University of Westminster and I'm looking for cheap student accommodation in London. I'm hoping that some of you may be able to recommend some good options.

I am specifically looking for accommodation that is close to the university and has a friendly atmosphere. If any of you have had positive experiences with student accommodation in London, please share your recommendations.

Additionally, I'm wondering if any of you have advice on whether it's better to live near London and take the train every day, or if it's more expensive. I'm open to all suggestions and would appreciate any insights you may have.

Looking forward for your responds...
(edited 1 year ago)
Do you have a specific budget in mind?
Reply 2
Original post by Lumin88Ent
Do you have a specific budget in mind?

Yes, around 250-290 GBP a week
Original post by Faizalov
Yes, around 250-290 GBP a week

If you live further out, it’ll be cheaper. But the downside is the travel time. That’s very manageable if there is a tube station nearby. But it’ll always be a classic trade-off between saving money further away vs having the the comfort of being closer to uni. Depends on what’s important to you
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lumin88Ent
If you live further out, it’ll be cheaper. But the downside is the travel time. That’s very manageable if there is a tube station nearby. But it’ll always be a classic trade-off between saving money further away vs having the the comfort of being closer to uni. Depends on what’s important to you

Do you live in London? if yes, what is the cost for you?
Reply 5
Hi guys/girls

I am an incoming undergraduate student at the University of Westminster and I'm looking for cheap student accommodation in London. I'm hoping that some of you may be able to recommend some good options.

I am specifically looking for accommodation that is close to the university and has a friendly atmosphere. If any of you have had positive experiences with student accommodation in London, please share your recommendations.

Additionally, I'm wondering if any of you have advice on whether it's better to live near London and take the train every day, or if it's more expensive. I'm open to all suggestions and would appreciate any insights you may have.

Hey I have a booking that I want to cancel and looking for someone to take over the booking. It is 21 mins on the tube away from university of Westminster and it is £195 a week it is ensuite.
Hi guys/girls

I have an ensuite in walthamstow ( 20 minutes by tube from the university)
274 per week
Flatmates are nice
great view( you can see the city skyline)
Reply 7
Hello :smile: I've got a spare room in the shadwell area, 10 minute walk from the station which has good overground and dlr links, as well as being well connected by bus routes. It's a large double room with a wardrobe, sofa and shelves. It's on the top floor, and includes 2 large windows so plenty of natural light. £196 pw including bills. Females students preferred, as sharing with 3 other girls. Message for more info.
Reply 8
Original post by Pats134
Hey I have a booking that I want to cancel and looking for someone to take over the booking. It is 21 mins on the tube away from university of Westminster and it is £195 a week it is ensuite.

Has this already been cancelled or filled?
Reply 9
Original post by s_b14
Has this already been cancelled or filled?

I have a classic en-suite at Depot Point Yugo student accommodation for 367 per week if anyone is interested in taking over my contract; as I have found a new place and am moving out.

Contract details:
En-suite, Flat-share (6 people in a flat), 3min walk to King's Cross station
Start: Anytime from now
Ends: September 1st 2024
Rate: 367.00pounds pcw

https://yugo.com/en-gb/global/united...n-suite-129178

Let me know if you're interested
Reply 10
Original post by s_b14
Hello :smile: I've got a spare room in the shadwell area, 10 minute walk from the station which has good overground and dlr links, as well as being well connected by bus routes. It's a large double room with a wardrobe, sofa and shelves. It's on the top floor, and includes 2 large windows so plenty of natural light. £196 pw including bills. Females students preferred, as sharing with 3 other girls. Message for more info.

Hi, is this still available?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending