The Student Room Group

maths gcse

in order to do some of the a levels i want to do (particularly psychology and geography) i need to achieve a 6 in maths, i got 5s for maths in both of my sets of mocks (we only did 2 papers instead of 3 though) and i'm really worried that i wont be able to bring my grade up in order to get onto the courses i want to do
does anyone have any advice on how i could do this?
Reply 1
I would first find out what topics you do really badly and work on those. No clue about your exam board but I do edexcel. So some websites I would recommend for practice questions are maths genie and corbett maths. Watch youtube videos on topics you don't quite understand or need refreshing on. Then practice questions until you fully grasp it. If you can get a checklist on the topics you do mark them with red, amber and green. Red being the worst and green being the best. Then work from there to work on the topics you struggle with and overall gain more confidence. Do little practice every day as that is really all you can do for maths.

Best of luck xx
Reply 2
Original post by Trickia
I would first find out what topics you do really badly and work on those. No clue about your exam board but I do edexcel. So some websites I would recommend for practice questions are maths genie and corbett maths. Watch youtube videos on topics you don't quite understand or need refreshing on. Then practice questions until you fully grasp it. If you can get a checklist on the topics you do mark them with red, amber and green. Red being the worst and green being the best. Then work from there to work on the topics you struggle with and overall gain more confidence. Do little practice every day as that is really all you can do for maths.

Best of luck xx
thank you so much!! i will definitely try this all, good luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by Tilda:)
Np xx happy to help
Reply 4
Original post by Tilda:)
Start with the amber topics then ask your teacher for help with the red ones.

Every test/assessment you need to RAG questions.

Quick Reply

Latest