Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston uni

Is kingston good for business /marketing compared to Kent, uea and essex
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there,

It's great that you are considering such good places for your studies!

Choosing the right university is indeed a significant decision, and I completely understand the challenges involved. I faced a similar situation when deciding on my PhD program here at UEA. While I'm not in the business analytics field, I can share some general factors that helped me make my decision.

Department reputation: Consider the reputation of the business department and the amount of research conducted. A strong academic standing not only improves the quality of education but also sends a positive signal to future employers. Most of the UEA lecturers are fellows of the Higher Education Academy, which means that they have an extra pedagogical qualification on the top of their PhD, making the teaching exceptionally good.

Career support services: Look into the career support services offered by each university. UEA, for example, is known for its excellent CareerCentral support, providing various resources and incentives to build your CV and cover letter. For example they have an award based scheme that helps you build your CV and prepares you for interviews. Their connections with alumni can also open doors to valuable opportunities.

Location and atmosphere: The city itself plays a crucial role in your overall experience. Norwich, where UEA is located, is renowned for its beauty and vibrant atmosphere, it's the city of literature. It offers a pleasant environment for studying, with numerous charming coffee shops and easy access to the seaside.

While the decision you're about to make may seem daunting, always remember that you have the power to create the opportunities at whatever university you choose to study. Having studied at three different universities Middlesex University London, UCL, and currently UEA I've found that each institution provided unique opportunities that contributed to my personal and professional development.

I wish you all the best in making your decision. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss any of this further.

Daniel
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there!

I don't study business or marketing but I can offer you some insight on the university. Being a student here for now 2 years- I love it! The towns of Kingston and Surbiton are perfect for all, having all the shops you could need, restaurants, pubs and lots of places to enjoy with friends at night. Another plus of the location is how easy it is to travel to London. From Surbiton it is just a 17 min journey! Not only can you enjoy the calmer side of London but easily access the busier side whenever.

Kingston focuses on employment after university and during, having regular modules on careers and the importance to access are free careers team for your needs. The team is ready to help with Cv's, applications, help finding jobs and much more! Kingston University is one of the top UK universities for graduate start-up, held in high regard for its expertise in enterprise education. We have been consistently ranked as having one of the highest number of graduate start-ups in the UK a position we have maintained for the past decade. This is definitely something to consider when deciding what university to go to and what your preferences are.

From what I do know, Kingston Business School is recognised for quality by the Business Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This award is earned by just 5% of the world's business schools.

I would also reccommend joining us on one of our open days, if you haven't already. You can then get to talk to students, lecturers and get a feel for the atmosphere in the university and the location. We will also be there to answer all of your questions, as well as our careers services, accommodation and other services like studying abroad.

I hope this helped and that other people can share their experience with you! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending